• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CBS NFL broadcasts are going to suck

PanthersATL

5 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

Matt Ryan Announces He’s Joining CBS Sports As NFL Analyst

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/05/15/matt-ryan-announces-joining-cbs-sports-nfl-analyst

That's gonna be interesting to see. He seems a little wooden. Hopefully he ends up being a surprise like Romo was. The last thing anyone needs is another grating ex-NFL color commentator.

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

SMH GIFs on GIPHY - Be Animated

I mean, would you rather he suck hard and have to put up with a season or two of him being shitty?

IDC where he played once he retires and starts calling games unless he is a homer queef that simps for his old team on broadcasts. But, that would also fall under him just generally sucking.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, would you rather he suck hard and have to put up with a season or two of him being shitty?

IDC where he played once he retires and starts calling games unless he is a homer queef that simps for his old team on broadcasts. But, that would also fall under him just generally sucking.

Pretty much.

There have definitely been announcers who played for other teams that made fine broadcasters. Ryan could turn out to be that as well.

• Beer 1

33 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

You could always hit mute. Can't help you not see his pasty face. I have to mute Colinsworth myself.  Cannot take 2 minutes of that guy.

Collingsworth never bothered me.

Let's go back to MNF Classic, where ABC took non-football people and put them in the booth. Howard Cosell was 100%.   Dennis Miller was entertaining to a point (but I can understand why the bulk of viewers hated him)