• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Any London must dos?

toldozer

3 hours ago, toldozer said:

Been in Northern England since the 8th. Heading down to London for a couple days before we fly home. Any must do things besides the obvious tourist traps?

If I were me I would grab early lunch in a pub followed by a matinee in west end followed by London Dungeon followed by dinner in a world class eatery.

If you were there over the weekend I would catch an EPL match...specifically Tottenham on Saturday.

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, Happy Panther said:

If I were me I would grab early lunch in a pub followed by a matinee in west end followed by London Dungeon followed by dinner in a world class eatery.

If you were there over the weekend I would catch an EPL match...specifically Tottenham on Saturday.

Should have prefaced that we have a 20 month old in tow

Did a couple of days in London with the family a month ago. Since we were only there a couple of days, and it was the first time most of us had been there we obviously hit all the usual tourist areas.  London Eye was pretty awesome, but expensive. Both of my teenagers enjoyed Piccadilly Circuis too.

If you're anywhere near Old Spitalfields Market there's a shop there called Humble Crumble that does custard crumbles.  They're delicious, but not worth a special trip if you're not nearby                                                                                                      

• Pie 1

If you're the sort to be moved by memorials to fallen soldiers I hear the The American Memorial Chapel at St Paul's is a pretty powerful and humbling visit.   Dedicated to the 20k American soldiers that died on British soil during WWII.  Its one thing to see our own memorials to our fallen, its quite a different thing when another nation recognizes them.

• Pie 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2023 at 1:40 PM, toldozer said:

We're already back home. Just did the open top bus tour. That took most of the day and she could sleep easily while we road around

with an infant, probably the best choice.   Or the London Eye.

Would have recommended the LONDON PASS, gives tons of discounts or skip-the-line access to tons of museums and exhibits.  We saved a lot of $$ and time using it during the Panthers game.