• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

4 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Hit the gym to play sf?

He's a wing bro, he's not guarding Jokic or Embiid. This is a 3pt shooting league he can play sg/sf/stretch pf.

I said start I said. He is 6'9" and under 200 pounds. The average NBA SF gonna have 20 to 30 pounds on him. 

5 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The elephant in the room nobody is adressing is we already have a Scoot kind of player with Dennis Smith Jr.

DSJ emergence last year is yet another reason why I think the pick will be Miller. 

If Kup settles on Miller I think this is one of the reasons.  Maybe he is also confident they can resign Lamelo.  I totally hear the fit being better with Miller on the current roster.  I think Scoot is better and I take him but the argument is strong.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Shocker said:

If Kup settles on Miller I think this is one of the reasons.  Maybe he is also confident they can resign Lamelo.  I totally hear the fit being better with Miller on the current roster.  I think Scoot is better and I take him but the argument is strong.

DSJ no where near the caliber of Scoot and he is also 18.  Dennis is going on 25 and while I was impressed with him here, I don't think he is a quality starter.  I am cool with Miller coming here but I just see Scoot becoming a franchise player alongside Lamelo.  DSJ also was only on a 1 yr contract and was playing for peanuts so I don't see us resigning him unless he doesn't ask for a lot of money. 

Edited by Cam Lawter
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

There is no way that any competent GM in the league would ever say DSJ is even a sliver of a reason not to draft Scoot. Either we are completely overvaluing DSJ or completely undervaluing the potential in Scoot!

Yes, the idea of a 6'7 PG paired with a 6'9 SG (Miller) is enticing, I am worried about him being able to keep up with the quicker SGs that the league has. He also doesn't have the strength for the stronger SFs. We are going to have the same issue pairing our 6'7 PG with a 6'2 (Scoot) shooting guard but for some irrational feeling I do feel better even on defense with the Melo/Scoot backcourt. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

There is no way that any competent GM in the league would ever say DSJ is even a sliver of a reason not to draft Scoot. Either we are completely overvaluing DSJ or completely undervaluing the potential in Scoot!

Yes, the idea of a 6'7 PG paired with a 6'9 SG (Miller) is enticing, I am worried about him being able to keep up with the quicker SGs that the league has. He also doesn't have the strength for the stronger SFs. We are going to have the same issue pairing our 6'7 PG with a 6'2 (Scoot) shooting guard but for some irrational feeling I do feel better even on defense with the Melo/Scoot backcourt. 

Miller is not gonna be able to hang with a lot of SF that aren't too small actually. And he is gonna have to hang with faster or bigger shooting guards.  There is gonna be adjustment for both prospects but Scoot can play PG or SG from day one. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

I said start I said. He is 6'9" and under 200 pounds. The average NBA SF gonna have 20 to 30 pounds on him. 

Again he is a wing.

Those weight problems are for the 7 foot guys who have to guard true bigs. Miller is not banging with big bodies on the perimeter.

KD had a hell of a career being tall and skinny wing.

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Yeah despite what some may think I said from the beginning if we pick Scoot im totally fine with that. We all have our preferences but either way we going to get a pretty good player.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Cam Lawter said:

DSJ no where near the caliber of Scoot and he is also 18.  Dennis is going on 25 and while I was impressed with him here, I don't think he is a quality starter.  I am cool with Miller coming here but I just see Scoot becoming a franchise player alongside Lamelo.  DSJ also was only on a 1 yr contract and was playing for peanuts so I don't see us resigning him unless he doesn't ask for a lot of money. 

I said he's Scoot like. Obviously Scoot has a higher ceiling.

I am also cool with Scoot coming here. We just both prefer the opposite guy. 

20 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

Miller is not gonna be able to hang with a lot of SF that aren't too small actually. And he is gonna have to hang with faster or bigger shooting guards.  There is gonna be adjustment for both prospects but Scoot can play PG  or SG from day one. 

They said the same thing about KD.

Not saying Miller will be KD, but he has the same kind of frame coming out of college.

Anybody find it odd that all these reports about Brandon Miller being bad at interviews yet when you watch his interviews he seems pretty well spoken for a 20 year old.

That tells me teams are trying to tank his value so he can drop we already heard rumors Indiana wants to trade up for him.

Something not right because when you watch his interviews it doesn't match the reports out there. I wouldn't be suprised if Miller is indeed viewed as the 2nd best prospect in this draft.

I have yet to hear teams are trying to trade up for Scoot yet.

On 5/27/2023 at 7:47 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah despite what some may think I said from the beginning if we pick Scoot im totally fine with that. We all have our preferences but either way we going to get a pretty good player.

Obtaining the talented Scoot would be huge, in my opinion.