• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

13 minutes ago, toldozer said:

I'm having a hard time shaking the feeling that Scoot and Lemelo could be a crazy special back court. Miller is giving me a bit of a kevin knox comparison.  I thought he was going to be really good but he hasn't done much in the league. Miller seems to be the better fit but Scoot and Melo could make us contenders.

The fact we sent our staff down to Alabama to check his background tells me we are seriously considering him.

Going to be interesting to hear the rumors after they both workout in our facility.

6 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The fact we sent our staff down to Alabama to check his background tells me we are seriously considering him.

Going to be interesting to hear the rumors after they both workout in our facility.

I have complete faith in the hornets to do the wrong thing.  So whichever player is better I know we'll draft the other one.  We would have taken Wiseman over Ball if both were available. 

• Pie 5

11 hours ago, toldozer said:

I'm having a hard time shaking the feeling that Scoot and Lemelo could be a crazy special back court. Miller is giving me a bit of a kevin knox comparison.  I thought he was going to be really good but he hasn't done much in the league. Miller seems to be the better fit but Scoot and Melo could make us contenders.

I'm on the Scoot train. All aboard.  I know that the roster fit isn't perfect but I agree Melo and Scoot could be uniquely special. 

On 6/2/2023 at 7:32 AM, toldozer said:

I have complete faith in the hornets to do the wrong thing.  So whichever player is better I know we'll draft the other one.  We would have taken Wiseman over Ball if both were available. 

Sadly, this could actually happen.

Just saw the Scoot workout with the Blazers. That kid is built like a grown man. He definitely has a Westbrook type body. He looks legit.

Im starting to warm up to him the more I watch him. His interviews are great as well. Word is he and Melo are already talking about teaming up.

Im sure the Hornets will ask Melo who he prefers. If he wants Scoot then we have to seriously consider him even if the fit is not the best. 

Scoot/Bridges will be dunk city in Charlotte!

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Scoot not even the most athletic guard in this draft...

That dude can't shoot for poo though. Like low 20s from three and low 60s from the FT line. He's also 5" taller than Scoot. Considering the height and  wingspan differential the verticals are probably similar.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Just saw the Scoot workout with the Blazers. That kid is built like a grown man. He definitely has a Westbrook type body. He looks legit.

Im starting to warm up to him the more I watch him. His interviews are great as well. Word is he and Melo are already talking about teaming up.

Im sure the Hornets will ask Melo who he prefers. If he wants Scoot then we have to seriously consider him even if the fit is not the best. 

🙂 he's the one!

Thoughts on pursuing Kyle Kuzma in FA?

This is assuming we draft Scoot of course. I think we could still use as much talent as we can get. This roster is lacking with big time scorers. Kuzma is another 20ppg game forward we can pair with Bridges in the frontcourt with Williams holding down the paint.

Scoot/Melo/Bridges/Kuzma/Williams is just a bunch of guys who can get buckets and run n gun at a fast pace.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Thoughts on pursuing Kyle Kuzma in FA?

This is assuming we draft Scoot of course. I think we could still use as much talent as we can get. This roster is lacking with big time scorers. Kuzma is another 20ppg game forward we can pair with Bridges in the frontcourt with Williams holding down the paint.

Scoot/Melo/Bridges/Kuzma/Williams is just a bunch of guys who can get buckets and run n gun at a fast pace.

Which will never work with Clifford. I agree with an earlier post you made that we should hire D'Antoni.

• Pie 1

Talk measurements and shot % and whatever else you want,  Scoot is the best player in this draft.  This guys motor and heart are ridiculous and he isn’t razor thin in his legs.  Scoot is awesome and should be a Hornet.

Talk about an ultra tuned athlete this guy is incredibly dedicated to his craft.  He is going to be tremendous for a long time in this league 

Edited by Shocker

On 6/4/2023 at 12:17 AM, CamWhoaaCam said:

He looks like he was perfected in some kind of lab with his physic.  He has the eye of the tiger and I want this dude here.