• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

Give me Scoot.

this Team needs a guy coming who can slash to the basket. 

The 3 point shooting isn’t a concern to me.   The ones complaining are the ones you can tell have never watched him play.  MKG, that dude had one of the most fugged up mechanics.  Scoot actually has some pretty Clean mechanics and a damn good mid range shooter.  He just needs to extend it out a little.  Scoot has been working with Curry as well as they are close.

Remember, people were clamoring for Donanvon Mitchell here and that dude is the same height if not a inch shorter than Scoot, and also was about the same level 3 point shooter coming out into the draft.

Scoot is the best player  not named Victor and can pair well with Melo in todays NBA.

fug taking anyone else because of “need” and passing on the better player. That’s a Marty Hurney 2.0 level sh!t

Edited by ncfan
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Give me Scoot.

The 3 point shooting isn’t a concern to me.   The ones complaining are the ones you can tell have never watched him play.  MKG, that dude had one of the most fugged up mechanics.  Scoot actually has some pretty Clean mechanics and a damn good mid range shooter.  He just needs to extend it out a little.  Scoot has been working with Curry as well as they are close.

Remember, people were clamoring for Donanvon Mitchell here and that dude is the same height if not a inch shorter than Scoot, and also was about the same level 3 point shooter coming out into the draft.

Scoot is the best player  not named Victor and can pair well with Melo in todays NBA.

fug taking anyone else because of “need” and passing on the better player. That’s a Marty Hurney 2.0 level sh!t

Who is saying pass on the better player for need?

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, MechaZain said:

I feel the same about those who say LaMelo's leaving every opportunity they can. This is a genuinely miserable fanbase though.

Of course we are miserable. Have you followed this team for long? Exited bout this pick but realistic that if we don't accompany it with a roster shake up and better coaching we are still doomed. 

With the $$$ that Bridges wants we should resign Nick, PJ and Dennis and go from there. I don't think anyone wants Hayward and his contract so we got one more year of that BS. After the dust settles this team needs to build around whoever we end up with at 2 and hopefully Melo but if a team offers young pieces and maybe a draft pick thia year we need to entertain it. Ball on a max deal and playing 50 games could happen. That would hurt. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, SaltAndPepper said:

when did he say this? got a link or sum?

It was live on air during the ESPN interview with Wemby. 

He said he knew he would be going to San Antonio months ago to follow in the footsteps of other France greats to play for the franchise such as Tony Parker and Boris Diaw.

I knew the draft was rigged but this was pretty much confirmation. I can't believe this didn't blow up on twitter.

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

So we’re not passing on Scoot in this scenario?

Scoot vs Miller is debatable for the better prospect. I’d prefer Miller the 6’9” player than can play multiple spots and fits in better with Melo. An argument can be made for either player though.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Scoot vs Miller is debatable for the better prospect. I’d prefer Miller the 6’9” player than can play multiple spots and fits in better with Melo. An argument can be made for either player though.

Scoot was always regarded as the better player and still is the better player despite Miller’s good college season up until the tournament.

Not a knock on him.  But Scoot was always regarded as a can’t miss type prospect who just was unfortunate to be stuck in the same draft as the most hyped prospect in generations

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

Scoot was always regarded as the better player and still is the better player despite Miller’s good college season up until the tournament.

Not a knock on him.  But Scoot was always regarded as a can’t miss type prospect who just was unfortunate to be stuck in the same draft as the most hyped prospect in generations

Before the season yes. After the season it’s debatable.

Man there are a lot of casuals in this thread.

You got people suggesting trading Melo for the #6 pick in the draft.lmao

A 6'9 wing who can dribble, shoot, drive is there for the taking and you got people suggesting we take a 6'2 rim attacker who can't shoot and plays the same position as Melo.

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Give me Scoot.

I stop reading after that. 

Shooting is the most important skill to have in today's NBA. The rim attacking guards like Ja/Russ/Drose have all failed in the playoffs because they can't make a shot in late game situations.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Before the season yes. After the season it’s debatable.

Before the season

During the season

After the Season

This is like the whole Bryce thing all over again.   Bryce was the clear cut projected top pick until we traded up and then everyone flipped and assumed and went to Stroud just because a YouTube series off 10 plays, height, and a dap up caught on video.  When the dust settled it’s what was project all along.

Its always been Scoot number 2

Before the season

During the season 

and after the season

But once we got the 2nd pick it’s well……the other guy is taller, and the other guy fits a positional need better.

Look at every mock before the order was announced.

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I stop reading after that. 

Shooting is the most important skill to have in today's NBA. The rim attacking guards like Ja/Russ/Drose have all failed in the playoffs because they can't make a shot in late game situations.

That’s fine.

And you missed the part where I mentioned the ones complaining  about it you can tell are the ones who have never watched him play. 
He has great mechanics and is a Excellent mid range shooter.  And actually a better deep ball shooter than Donanvon Mitchell coming out at the same height.  This isn’t a MKG situation.  But go on.

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 1

16 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Then why has Miller passed him up as the 2nd best prospect?

Clearly you're not following the mock drafts. Miller passed Scoot up for a while now.

6'9 wing who can shoot and create for others. Miller is the modern day athletic wing. He's Kawhi/PG/KD type wing.

Scoot on the other hand is Ja/Russ/Rose type pg.

Also you seem to be ignoring we already have a 6'6 pg on the roster. You don't pair 2 pg's together. Get the wing and pair him with Melo. Don't overthink this.

• Poo 1