• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

So we’re not passing on Scoot in this scenario?

No, what people are saying is that if Wembanyama is tier 1, and Scoot and Miller are together in tier 2, then you take the better fit. You’re acting like there’s no debate who is the better prospect. I just looked at 4 big boards, not mock drafts, 2 had Scoot at 2, 2 had Miller at 2. It is, at the very least, debatable. If it’s close, you take the better fit who doesn’t force you to move on from your other top 3 pick. That’s a huge negative in return on Scoot. I’d rather trade the #2 pick to the Rockets for a haul than take Scoot and trade Lamelo for not even close to what he should be worth. Or, you take the SF with Paul George comps because true star SFs allow you to compete for championships.

• Pie 4

17 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

No, what people are saying is that if Wembanyama is tier 1, and Scoot and Miller are together in tier 2, then you take the better fit. You’re acting like there’s no debate who is the better prospect. I just looked at 4 big boards, not mock drafts, 2 had Scoot at 2, 2 had Miller at 2. It is, at the very least, debatable. If it’s close, you take the better fit who doesn’t force you to move on from your other top 3 pick. That’s a huge negative in return on Scoot. I’d rather trade the #2 pick to the Rockets for a haul than take Scoot and trade Lamelo for not even close to what he should be worth. Or, you take the SF with Paul George comps because true star SFs allow you to compete for championships.

Agree with this. From what I’ve read, Scoot did not continue to improve as much as expected this year, so Miller caught up to him. 

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Martin said:

Agree with this. From what I’ve read, Scoot did not continue to improve as much as expected this year, so Miller caught up to him. 

Yeah Miller played better than projected and Scoot kind of stayed put from where he was last year (which was still very good).

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Wanderlai said:

We didn’t miss on Kobe. Had him but caved to pressure. Kobe said he would have played in Charlotte. Possibly the worst draft trade in history. Divac haunts me still lol

I thought the whole thing was that there was zero chance Kobe ever suited up for the Hornets, and we drafted him with the express purpose of trading him to the Lakers?

9 minutes ago, joemac said:

I thought the whole thing was that there was zero chance Kobe ever suited up for the Hornets, and we drafted him with the express purpose of trading him to the Lakers?

His agent wanted a big market team for him, but Kobe stated he would have played for Charlotte.  I think we were tricked....

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I'm sure he also told his wife he didn't cheat on her also, or sexually assualt that girl. Every story at the time was he refused to play here. Let's stop pretending that he was an honest and upstanding guy. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1