• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

36 minutes ago, Cam Lawter said:

If I'm the GM of Hornets, I'm not passing up on the freak explosive guard for a Michael Porter Jr.

Scoot still has 6'9" Wingspan for all you height and reach lovers. 

Where do you get the Michael Porter Jr. comparison from? Tatum is probably a much better comp. 

43 minutes ago, toldozer said:

I'm sure he also told his wife he didn't cheat on her also, or sexually assualt that girl. Every story at the time was he refused to play here. Let's stop pretending that he was an honest and upstanding guy. 

So he refused to play for the Hornets as the 13th pick in the draft, made them trade him, and the lied about it over a decade later for the hell of it?  This would be based on what?? Your opinion?

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So he refused to play for the Hornets as the 13th pick in the draft, made them trade him, and the lied about it over a decade later for the hell of it?  This would be based on what?? Your opinion?

That was the word at the time. Kobe would refuse playing in a Charlotte if nit traded. Charlotte wanted a bug man and got Divac. Kobe never said he would not play only stuff from his agent. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Wanderlai said:

So close but that’s the legacy of the Hornets. 

Shaq we get Zo

Howard we get Okafor

Paul we get Felton

Davis we get MKG

Wemby we get Scoot/Miller 

I hear you, but we missed on elite prospects the majority of our drafts since 2011. 

A few of the names that were there for one/both of our picks over the years to make your stomach turn:

Klay Thompson

Kawhi Leonard

Jimmy Butler

Bradley Beal

Damian Lillard

Khris Middleton

CJ McCollum

Giannis Antetokounmpo

Rudy Gobert

Nikola Jokic

Devin Booker

Pascal Siakam

Dejounte Murray

Malcolm Brogdon

Donovan Mitchell

Bam Adebayo

John Collins

Dillon Brooks

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (instead of trading the pick)

Moral of the story, we've been atrocious at talent identification and player development since the inception of the Bobcats. And FO hiring decisions appear to be prolonging that trend, at least until MJ is bought out and we can get rid of all of the yes men in the building. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Based on every report I've ever heard/read. And why would he say it? To make himself not look like a self absorbed douche nozzle. 

• Pie 2

Just diving into advanced metrics on Henderson vs. Miller, and stat wise they aren’t even close. Miller blows Henderson out of the water looking at stats only, and has a larger sample size.

PER: Miller 23.4, Henderson 13.5

+/-: Miller +12, Henderson -2.1

Win Shares: Miller 7.0, Henderson -0.7

Usage: Miller 26.2%, Henderson 27.4%

Effective FG%: Miller .533, Henderson .455

True Shooting %: Miller .583, Henderson .537

And Miller is a better defender. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Whoever watches this and says he cant shoot i cant take serious about basketball.

? He made 2 3s in that clip. His form looks ok, but shooting % doesn’t lie. The team is going to have to figure out why his % sucks and what they think about it.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, joemac said:

Because Klay and Steph can both shoot lights out?

Exactly they play different roles.. They aren’t fighting to handle the ball or run the offense.. You have a primary ball handler and a shooter..

With Scoot ppl have to form new roles.. Instead of with Miller he has a defined role we day 1 that fits with the rest of the roster..

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Based on every report I've ever heard/read. And why would he say it? To make himself not look like a self absorbed douche nozzle. 

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/former-charlotte-hornets-owner-recalls-drafting-then-trading-kobe-bryant

from the owner of the Hornets at the time... (He does mention Kobe's agent wanting him to get more money from a larger market team as well)

“My general manager who was Bob Bass came to me and told me that we got the possibility of getting one of the best centers in the league," Shinn recalled, adding that come draft day, the deal was still in place. “It came to us and Bob Bass liked Kobe and said, 'This kid is very, very talented. He’s an unknown, he could go to the top or he could crash, and we’re taking a chance cause he’s right out of high school,' and that type of thing, 'But, we got a chance to get a center if we pick him and trade it.'”

1 hour ago, Cam Lawter said:

If I'm the GM of Hornets, I'm not passing up on the freak explosive guard for a Michael Porter Jr.

Scoot still has 6'9" Wingspan for all you height and reach lovers. 

When have the freak explosive guard won a championship or a consistent Winning team??

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Just diving into advanced metrics on Henderson vs. Miller, and stat wise they aren’t even close. Miller blows Henderson out of the water looking at stats only, and has a larger sample size.

PER: Miller 23.4, Henderson 13.5

+/-: Miller +12, Henderson -2.1

Win Shares: Miller 7.0, Henderson -0.7

Usage: Miller 26.2%, Henderson 27.4%

Effective FG%: Miller .533, Henderson .455

True Shooting %: Miller .583, Henderson .537

And Miller is a better defender. 

Now throw in the fact that Miller can play and guard multiple positions and our only star plays a very similar role to Scoot, Miller seems like the right choice.

• Pie 2