• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Bro the law already said he's innocent. Not sure why you still stuck on that situation. Something tells me if you had your kid in this same situation you wouldn't be saying the same thing.

A woman, a young mother died.  That's all that matters here.  And he brought the gun to the scene. 

Great, technically, he's out clear and hopefully learns from it.  You want him, I don't.  That's really it.  

32 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

It's called accessory to murder. It's a thing. Amazing what being a star at a huge college in a backwards part of the country can get ya out of. 

The classic if he is guilty why he not in jail argument holds no water.  Only poor people are in jail. The rich walk or if rich people are protecting you you good too. 

I'm done making assumptions about Miller but if two prospects are fairly equal I'm gonna take the one that didn't nearly derail his career with his choice of "friends"  

Oh this guy has lived the perfect life. He doesn't know people have some bad friends. I had a 2 friends who have been to prison. I can't control what they do with their life.

You can't blame this kid for something he didn't do. We talking about basketball yet all you want to talk about is him off the court.

7 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

When have I brought up his guilt/non-guilt? I'm not speaking to that. I specifically qualified my statement saying we all make mistakes.  There's an inherent risk here just by who he's rolling with.  

What I'm saying I want him nowhere near this team.  Doesn't matter if he gets convicted of anything or not.  I don't need a crime to qualify someone.  I am admitting I'm being judgemental, but when you're talking leading a franchise, why take this type of risk?

Bro that's his freaking teammate!

My goodness you never played sports?

When you play on a college team you will hang around people that are on the same team as you. I went to a division III school and I was forced to meet and hang around new friends. You do the same in the workforce. This is life my man.

7 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

A woman, a young mother died.  That's all that matters here.  And he brought the gun to the scene. 

Great, technically, he's out clear and hopefully learns from it.  You want him, I don't.  That's really it.  

That's fair.

But don't try to debate the basketball part when you don't want this guy because he brought his friend a gun.

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Bro that's his freaking teammate!

My goodness you never played sports?

When you play on a college team you will hang around people that are on the same team as you. I went to a division III school and I was forced to meet and hang around new friends. You do the same in the workforce. This is life my man.

When a coworker or teammate, whatever, asks you to bring a gun to them at a really late hour to a night club parking lot, you simply don't bring one.  Simple as that.  

Has nothing to do with sports, or anything else.  He brought the weapon to a freaking bullet spray on a young women. 

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

That's fair.

But don't try to debate the basketball part when you don't want this guy because he brought his friend a gun.

Bball is definitely another realm entirely.  Happy to discuss, but, this disqualifies him (for me).  Fine if not for you.  Not judging your standards or openness to hearing him out/seeing who he is.  

I think it's pretty clear the inherent risk he immediately brings by drafting him.  

Just now, Bear Hands said:

When a coworker or teammate, whatever, asks you to bring a gun to them at a really late hour to a night club parking lot, you simply don't bring one.  Simple as that.  

Has nothing to do with sports, or anything else.  He brought the weapon to a freaking bullet spray on a young women. 

I made some dumb decisions at 21 bro. I was driving while drunk. Thankfully I made it home and realized I had made a very dumb decision. I learned from my mistake and have never drunk drive again. That's not my only bad decision either, hell I still make some bad decisions at 33. Im sorry but im not perfect.

Im sorry I haven't lived the perfect life as you. This kid can bounce back from a bad decision even though he probably had no idea what was about to happen. Life goes on we can seek redemption.

5 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

21 year old kids make bad decisions. Again not everyone made great decisions like you at 21. 

Mr. Perfect life!

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

21 year old kids make bad decisions. Again not everyone made great decisions like you at 21. 

Mr. Perfect life!

As I prefaced, we can all make mistakes, I am not perfect, none of us are, and admitted I am being judgmental.  That fact doesn't somehow diminish the reasoning here.  I don't want to draft a guy that brought the weapon to the crime. 

Sass me if you want but I think that's a fair reservation to have when someone was murdered.  

You started by saying "he wasn't convicted" and now you're sassing me that I'm trying to take some moral high ground.  All I'm saying: I don't want him, he brought the eventual murder weapon to the crime.  Cut and dry.  

If you want to look past that, like I said, all good.  I can't.    

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

As I prefaced, we can all make mistakes, I am not perfect, none of us are, and admitted I am being judgmental.  That fact doesn't somehow diminish the reasoning here.  I don't want to draft a guy that brought the weapon to the crime. 

Sass me if you want but I think that's a fair reservation to have when someone was murdered.  

You started by saying "he wasn't convicted" and now you're sassing me that I'm trying to take some moral high ground.  All I'm saying: I don't want him, he brought the eventual murder weapon to the crime.  Cut and dry.  

If you want to look past that, like I said, all good.  I can't.    

That's fair.

You made it known you don't want him. But these comments were mostly basketball discussion.

You turned it into what Miller did off the court. 

I respect your opinion but im looking at it from a basketball standpoint.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

NBA insiders are saying Charlotte will draft Miller over Henderson. 

Link

Woj also tweeted that teams have checked on his background and found nothing of concern.

I think the gun thing was the only thing on his record which is good news. Still early in the process to determine who we picking though.

I think once we work both Scoot and Miller out is when we start looking at these rumors more seriously.

And about the gun scene, I will say the optics don't look good for Miller. But he was cleared and that's all we can really go on since we know nothing about his personal life. Can't really put him in the same situation with Miles as he was caught red-handed. Also, can't really tie the players to a gang organization when they were basketball team mates coming from different states. We can theorize all day about what may or may not have happened but we have to go by the facts from the police and that is that he's cleared. 

I'm good with either Scoot or Miller on the team next year. 

Edited by Cam Lawter
  • Pie 3