• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah we can have different opinions, but your opinion seems to be more than basketball. You been talking about his off the court situation all throughout this thread. It gets annoying you keep bringing it up.

Lets just hope both Scoot and Miller both end up being good picks no matter where they go.

Agreed…but not ignoring off the court stuff.  Sorry, that is short sighted especially considering the recent history here.  That would be irresponsible 

• Pie 1

Just now, Shocker said:

Agreed…but not ignoring off the court stuff.  Sorry, that is short sighted especially considering the recent history here.  That would be irresponsible 

Case is closed, but lets talk about it anyway!

20 year old kids are irresponsible... 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Case is closed, but lets talk about it anyway!

20 year old kids are irresponsible... 

This is true…more a social problem.  I truly hope Miller keeps his priorities straight cuz he is an ultra talented person.  We can’t make decisions for these folks but we can educate them.  

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

You aren’t at all worried that he supplied the gun that killed someone.  I am keeping that out of the conversation as much as possible but it is there.  Stay blind to that and keep making excuses for him vanishing in games.  

G league > SEC btw.  A lot better.  Don’t even care though my eyes see Scoot is much better.  Sorry

I’ve spent a little time reading more about that situation and I wouldn’t say I’m extremely clear on exactly what transpired yet, but I will say after even a little digging it appears that the wording in how Miller’s level of involvement was reported seems a bit misleading. Which is where I think statements like he “supplied the gun” come from.

Here’s what I’ve read: he was already on his way to Miles, unrelated to the gun, when Miles texted about the gun. He was unaware the gun was in the car prior to the text. The gun was legally owned by Miles. I can’t find any reporting on what the text specifically said. There doesn’t appear to be any evidence that Miller had any indication that the gun would be used. It sounds like he was simply notified that the gun was in the vehicle. Miles, the gun owner, was not even the one who used the gun, it was a third person.

I think saying things like he “supplied the gun that killed someone” is kind of irresponsible based on what I’ve read of the situation. It sounds more like “he returned a gun to its lawful owner, who then supplied the gun that killed someone.” I will admit that I still have plenty of questions. However, if I had a friend unknowingly leave his gun in the back seat of my car, yeah I’m returning that to him as soon as I know it’s there. I don’t understand why people think he should have held onto a gun which didn’t belong to him and he wasn’t licensed to have.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

19 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Man you simply don't understand basketball.

You calling Miller a role player when he is already a more advanced scorer than Scoot. 

Jump shooting is actually important. You can't dunk every time down the court. This is basketball man the goal is to put the ball in the hoop. You trying to downplay Miller because he can actually shoot unlike Scoot the grasshopper Henderson!

Millers inside and mid range game is sub par for a guy that shoots as well as he does from 3, Scoot struggles from long range but his inside and mid-range is far superior to Miller

I don't understand how this translates to Miller being a more advanced scorer.

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, tecc86 said:

Millers inside and mid range game is sub par for a guy that shoots as well as he does from 3, Scoot struggles from long range but his inside and mid-range is far superior to Miller

Umm most of the NBA is either paint scoring or 3pt shooting.

This is no longer the 2000's. The NBA is about 3pt shooting now.

Don't need to hear about how the league is 3pt shooting centric. Next, yall will be talking about how the league is driven by Centers because of Jokic. If I'm the Hornets, I'm taking Scoot 100% because he is the best pick available. He will open up everyone on the team. Once Bridges wasn't on the team and Lamelo injured , everyone just sat at the 3 point line and shot contested shots.

If you can watch this and say Scoot shouldn't be the pick, I don't know what to tell you. 

Edited by Cam Lawter

1 hour ago, Cam Lawter said:

Don't need to hear about how the league is 3pt shooting centric. Next, yall will be talking about how the league is driven by Centers because of Jokic. If I'm the Hornets, I'm taking Scoot 100% because he is the best pick available. He will open up everyone on the team. Once Bridges wasn't on the team and Lamelo injured , everyone just sat at the 3 point line and shot contested shots.

If you can watch this and say Scoot shouldn't be the pick, I don't know what to tell you. 

LMAO Wemby had a better game.

28 points lol

Meanwhile Brandon Miller dropping 41 with the media on his ass...

4 hours ago, tecc86 said:

Scoot is also taking pointers and working with the Premier 3 point sharpshooter in the biz Curry.  That part of his game could develop quickly. 

58 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

Scoot is also taking pointers and working with the Premier 3 point sharpshooter in the biz Curry.  That part of his game could develop quickly. 

Yeah and Miller already has a 3 point shot.

Give me the 6'9 wing who can play multiple positions and shoot the lights out.