• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

3 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Obtaining the talented Scoot would be huge, in my opinion.

If it happens im cool with it. I just think Brandon Miller will have a better career. I think his off court stuff has damaged his reputation. If you actually sit back and watch his film you would see this dude has scary good potential as a scoring wing. I would hate to pass that kind of talent up.

• Pie 2

Now this pops up and I think this has to do why MJ hasn't sold yet too. I know he was waiting on Wem but I think now they are fielding calls to see who they could possibly get in the trade market. I've seen Chicago has  worked out both Scoot n Miller. I have no idea what we will do but we will not draft 5 guys obviously  and do we go after Lavine n Derozan... Klay n Kuminga.... Jaylon Brown and Brogdan.... 

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/05/southeast-notes-winger-hornets-hawks-coaches-bitadze.html

Edited by Lurk21
  • Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Lurk21 said:

Now this pops up and I think this has to do why MJ hasn't sold yet too. I know he was waiting on Wem but I think now they are fielding calls to see who they could possibly get in the trade market. I've seen Chicago has  worked out both Scoot n Miller. I have no idea what we will do but we will not draft 5 guys obviously  and do we go after Lavine n Derozan... Klay n Kuminga.... Jaylon Brown and Brogdan.... 

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/05/southeast-notes-winger-hornets-hawks-coaches-bitadze.html

It makes no sense to go after any of those guys none of them make us a contender or even a top 5 seed. No thanks.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

It makes no sense to go after any of those guys none of them make us a contender or even a top 5 seed. No thanks.

Trust me... im all for Miller or Scoot but this is the Hornets with a MJ scared to quit and Clifford loving vets.... I hope we don't but no telling. 

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Lurk21 said:

Trust me... im all for Miller or Scoot but this is the Hornets with a MJ scared to quit and Clifford loving vets.... I hope we don't but no telling. 

Yeah and this is what scares me. MJ could be star hunting just to sell some tickets.

Zach Lavine would be exciting with Melo but that move makes us a 7th/8th at best.

Klay Thompson is washed and won't be the same player he once was.

Jaylen Brown can't dribble and is about to be paid a supermax. No thanks!

Just draft Miller/Scoot.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah and this is what scares me. MJ could be star hunting just to sell some tickets.

Zach Lavine would be exciting with Melo but that move makes us a 7th/8th at best.

Klay Thompson is washed and won't be the same player he once was.

Jaylen Brown can't dribble and is about to be paid a supermax. No thanks!

Just draft Miller/Scoot.

I completely  agree!!! MJ dragging his feet is a clear sign!!  Draft a stud and have that rookie contract!

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Lurk21 said:

I completely  agree!!! MJ dragging his feet is a clear sign!!  Draft a stud and have that rookie contract!

Im curious did you hear that Lavine/Derozan rumor from a YT podcast?

That is kind of scary knowing MJ. Isn't one of them a Jordan brand athlete?

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

If the hornets trade the #2 pick and it’s not an absolute fleecing by us, I will never support this franchise again. I will pick a new nba team with a competent owner and front office. I’ve already refused to give them any more $ until they actually demonstrate a commitment to winning and producing a winning product. 

There have been rumors so I wouldn't put it past MJ.

Depends on how he feels about Scoot/Miller.

That Lavine/Derozan package is definitely something I could see him doing.smh

11 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im curious did you hear that Lavine/Derozan rumor from a YT podcast?

That is kind of scary knowing MJ. Isn't one of them a Jordan brand athlete?

I  heard it on a podcast and then I went to Google  Chicago Bulls and saw a few articles about Chicago  starting over and trying to get into the top 5 of the draft. Then it mentions they have only met with Scoot n Miller so far I think... which lends me to believe they have 2 and 3 as their targets so far. 

Edited by Lurk21
  • Pie 1

Just now, Lurk21 said:

I saw heard it on a podcast and then I went to Google  Chicago Bulls and saw a few articles about Chicago  starting over and trying to get into the top 5 of the draft. Then it mentions they have only met with Scoot n Miller so far I think... which lends me to believe they have 2 and 3 as their targets so far. 

MJ licking his chops at the thought of Lavine and Derozan.smh

• Beer 1

On 5/16/2023 at 7:26 PM, Louie said:

We got so screwed in that draft lottery, it made me feel the whole lottery was rigged!

Absolutely.  If you remember N.O. was being sold and they were having a hard time finding a buyer.  April of that Year Benson bought the franchise, and I can almost guarantee part of the deal was they got the first pick.  It was Charlotte's pick but it wasn't happening.

I wasn't surprised to see Wemby going to SA.  They weren't going to risk the future star of this league with a broken franchise like the Hornets.  Send him to the best place for big man.  It was a no brainer.

The NBA makes is seem like the draft is legitimate, but the draw is rigged and always will be.   You'll see when one season the entire draft class is weak.  Charlotte will get the top pick.  Not until then will the Hornets pick No. 1. 

• Pie 1