• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When healthy… Jaycee is HIM!!!

TheBigKat

7 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Good question and probably should have been asked before we extended Donte for way too much.

I wasnt a fan of the Donte extension and felt as if we could have found someone comparable with a better injury history to pay. I wonder how he will be this season with the major injury from last?

• Beer 1

With Horn last season it was a hard blow from a helmet right on his wrist, and it was friendly fire to boot. Horn has a kind of track star build and that's going to be a little dangerous injury wise. Even so, that helmet blow would have snapped a lot of wrists. It was just bad luck. Now the foot break had a Mr. Glass kind of feel to it because nothing notable happened. Dude broke his foot by backpedaling. Wtf?

• Pie 1

He is a wonderful player when healthy but I agree with many here that "when healthy" is a frustrating thing to have to say afterwards. I am very hopeful though when I think of Thomas Davis's injury streak and how he came back after those few years and never really had much after that. Crossing my fingers and hoping Horn's major injuries hat cost lost of games are behind him and he remains healthy because he can flat out play when he is available to play. Would love to see how good he could be with a number of years of health.

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, onmyown said:

why do our DBs seem to be injured so much is my question

Part of the reason could be we actually ask them to tackle more than most teams.  Deon was amazing with his ball skills, and despite playing two sports, he was healthy most of his career, but if you go back and watch, he actually shied away from contact and tackling a LOT.

10 hours ago, Eric4280 said:

Not even in any bias but I’d honestly take him over any CB in the game. He’s the perfect blend of strong and sticky. Elite ball skills, elite physical tools. We all know the one downfall he has but if that doesn’t happen, I’m not taking any cb over him.

While I think JC is the real deal and loved the pick from the moment it was announced, you don't take JC over Sauce. IMO it's those two are the top two corners in the league, but JC is just slightly below Gardner. 

I hate the injury prone label, it was 2 random ones. The wrist was just real bad luck. I don't consider that injury prone. 

• Pie 1

It's not that Jaycee is overly fragile. Some guys are just unlucky as poo. Think Thomas Davis. His knees just kept taking blows, his ribs kept getting bruised and broken, forearm fracture, etc. How many LBs get those injuries at some point? A ton. Some only one or two of those, others may have 5 injuries varying in severity over a 10 year career. How many have THAT many consecutively their first 5 or so years in the league? Very few. Just bad luck.

• Pie 1

Speaking of staying healthy im 33 now and it seems like im tweaking something every time I go to the gym. I remember my parents telling me take care of yourself while you are young because it gets much harder as you get older.

Jaycee is young and it feels like he has a older body because he's always banged up.

• Pie 1