• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking ahead (staff speculation)

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Chudzinski got the Browns HC gig after we went 7-9. We went a combined 13-19 in his two seasons.

The team doesn't have to be good for a coordinator to get plucked, just his unit.

I hear you. Not saying we make the championship round or anything, but it would mean our young defense feasted or Young excelled his rookie year. Both positives. 

8 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Unless we make the nfc championship game at minimum this season I do not think we will have to worry about losing staff.  Until we actually win something its not a problem.  With Teppers approach at filling coaching staff I do not think we will have trouble filling the positions even if we do get poached. 

If we make the playoffs someone is getting hired away

12 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

We won't lose Thomas Brown unless Bryce is a stud in Year 1 and, if that's the case, we'll have a plethora of OCs to choose from moving forward. Similar situation setting up with our young core on defense too.

Brown's had head coaching interviews already.

He was considered a hot head coaching candidate prior to joining us, in part because of the Sean McVay connection.

19 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Starting to wonder just how much longer Bill is going to be up in New England?

Were I in his shoes, retirement would have been pretty high on my "to do list" after the last couple seasons.

Definitely.  There was a lot of speculation in New England, almost an expectation, that he would retire a couple of years ago. 

I thought maybe he was grooming McDaniels to be his successor.  Either McDaniels got impatient (bad move on his part given his shortcomings), Hoodie rethought that, or he has no definite plan on when he will step aside.  

17 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Definitely.  There was a lot of speculation in New England, almost an expectation, that he would retire a couple of years ago. 

I thought maybe he was grooming McDaniels to be his successor.  Either McDaniels got impatient (bad move on his part given his shortcomings), Hoodie rethought that, or he has no definite plan on when he will step aside.  

Tea leaves certainly looked that way to me...maybe Kraft asked him to stay after Brady left to boost team value?  He's up there as well.

On 5/17/2023 at 3:44 PM, PantherKyle said:

If we lose a coordinator to a HC role, it would mean good things for our 2023 season. 

When and if we lose coordinators to other teams I hope we have coaches on the staff that are capable of moving into those roles. I think that would be important for our young players.