• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“Supporters Section” for Panthers

NAS

First of all, this isn’t meant to be a Football vs Soccer debate and which sport is better.  However I do think the Charlotte FC supporter section was terrific decision by Tepper and has made for a compelling party like atmosphere at Charlotte FC games even with only half the attendance of Panthers games.  It’s made up of organized fan groups or just individuals who are willing and able to stand for the entire game, cheer and support the team.

I think it would be amazing if we had the same at Panthers games, what would it take to implement and how would it be received?

• Pie 7

Support sections for soccer are not unique. Atlanta has a solid one as well.   I think it adds a lot to the soccer game experience.  

Biggest difference would be that NFL rules state no outside noisemakers are allowed, vs Soccer's use of drums and horns by fans during game action.

13 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

Support sections for soccer are not unique. Atlanta has a solid one as well.   I think it adds a lot to the soccer game experience.  

Biggest difference would be that NFL rules state no outside noisemakers are allowed, vs Soccer's use of drums and horns by fans during game action.

Supporters sections are extremely common in all futbol/soccer leagues. This isnt new.  Odd take by Rimmer bc of the limitations and rulesets for fan participation in games.

Edited by TheCasillas

6 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

Yeah the offense actually wants the home crowd to shut the fug up when they're calling a play so it's a bit different dynamic

4 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I mean, you have a student section at college games. I think the NFL could easily work with teams to figure out how to place a section into each team's stadium, where the rowdiest of the rowdy could gather.

but you'd have to cut the cost of the tickets... which we all know the NFL won't allow that.

• Beer 1