• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Biggest Boom or Bust Position Group?

CanadianCat

CB room.

IF all players play to their potential, I think Jackson, Horn and Henderson could be among the best position group in the NFL. However I also think it could potentially be the biggest weakness on our team and could be one of the weakest units in the NFL as well. 

But as an ever optimist, I think Henderson will finally put it together and Horn and Jackson will stay healthy. I think this group will be elite. 

• Pie 6

1 minute ago, ECHornet said:

I'd say WR.

Theilen is the only WR who has an established floor that should be league average at worst.

Chark (health), TMJ & Mingo (inexperience) and others like Shenault give us potential to creep up into the top 10 as a unit. If those factors go sideways, we also could be bottom 5 at the WR position. Definition of boom or bust imo.

One of the guys on the PFF podcast has Mingo as his rookie of the year candidate. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

Just now, CanadianCat said:

One of the guys on the PFF podcast has Mingo as his rookie of the year candidate. 

Wouldn't that be something. This place would be a madhouse if we make the playoffs in Bryce's rookie year and have a WR win ROTY.

• The D 1
  • Flames 2

14 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

CB room.

IF all players play to their potential, I think Jackson, Horn and Henderson could be among the best position group in the NFL. However I also think it could potentially be the biggest weakness on our team and could be one of the weakest units in the NFL as well. 

But as an ever optimist, I think Henderson will finally put it together and Horn and Jackson will stay healthy. I think this group will be elite. 

I’d go wideout for the same sentiments as above.

CB on paper looks scary good and the biggest question mark is can Donte and Jayce stay healthy. 

• Pie 3

9 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Me personally, I don't think Mingo sees the field much at all this season. 

IF (And this is honestly a longshot based on their history) Chark and TMJ are healthy, I see them taking over the 1 and 2 WRs with Thielen as our slot option and main red zone target. We'll have some plays schemed up for Shenault throughout the game to utilize his run after catch abilities, and then there's also Hurst and Sanders getting targets as well. 

That leaves Mingo, the rookie, on the outskirts with not much to do unless someone gets hurt. 

Next year if we move on from Chark or TMJ Falls flat, I can see Mingo sliding into the #2 receiver. But if our receivers stay healthy, I don't anticipate him doing much this year.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Me personally, I don't think Mingo sees the field much at all this season. 

IF (And this is honestly a longshot based on their history) Chark and TMJ are healthy, I see them taking over the 1 and 2 WRs with Thielen as our slot option and main red zone target. We'll have some plays schemed up for Shenault throughout the game to utilize his run after catch abilities, and then there's also Hurst and Sanders getting targets as well. 

That leaves Mingo, the rookie, on the outskirts with not much to do unless someone gets hurt. 

Next year if we move on from Chark or TMJ Falls flat, I can see Mingo sliding into the #2 receiver. But if our receivers stay healthy, I don't anticipate him doing much this year.

I mean the PFF guy says that he has the best chance to win it because he says the Thelin and Chark are hot garbage so getting to the top of the depth chart should be easy for him and Mingo is ultra athletic. 

3 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

I mean the PFF guy says that he has the best chance to win it because he says the Thelin and Chark are hot garbage so getting to the top of the depth chart should be easy for him and Mingo is ultra athletic. 

Ah, so the PFF guys are dumb. That explains it.

I just don't see Mingo jumping two players on the depth chart between the vets of Chark, Thielen, and TMJ when all are healthy. I also don't anticipate him jumping over Shenault as the next man up if anyone of the above 3 gets injured. 

Assuming this is excluding the QB group of 1 since that’s the obvious answer, I’ll go with WRs. Thielen could be reinvigorated with a new QB and offense, Chark could stay healthy and progress to a dominate downfield threat, and Mingo could live up to his potential and be the next great WR. On the other hand Thielen could prove to be totally washed, Chark gets hurt in preseason and Mingo is a bust who can’t transition to the pros.  In scenario 1 we have one of the best WR groups in the league, in scenario 2 we have one of the worst.