• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Panthers ECF game 2 Saturday 8pm

5 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

So disappointing. Something needs to happen this offseason if we are swept. This team is too good for this to happen AGAIN.

Are we though?? Outside of svech, aho, slavin, and maybe burns and patches, we are pretty much skating 3rd liner or worse type talent.

We just have to be realistic - our system is great and makes us look a lot better than we actually are.

• Pie 1

Just now, Day1PanthersFan said:

If this is the end of the series , we need more than 1 superstar, and we need a vezina calibre goalie 

Now we can get back to arguing about the Panthers, which huddle ensures me Reich will be the greatest coach in history, and every time I doubt that I am immediately insulted, so it must be true

Our goalies have not been the issue, they have been great. 

We do need a more consistent scoring threat.  Svech would be helpful, but hasn't shown that he is a consistent goal scorer.  Patches kinda did before he tore his Achilles completely...he is a goal scorer.

1 minute ago, Rocky Davis said:

I think they were hitting just like they have been in Game 1.

Tonight, not as much hitting probably due to fatigue and Staal didn't hit anything....I think his shoulder is hurt. 

I don't know how to describe it really. The hits just look different. During the season the hits were of the we're going to physically dominate you and there's nothing you can do about it variety. This series it's just felt like they're hitting because they're supposed too. Maybe it's just me, it just looks different. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I think they were hitting just like they have been in Game 1.

Tonight, not as much hitting probably due to fatigue and Staal didn't hit anything....I think his shoulder is hurt. 

Ya, I thought at first him getting no lift on the pucks was just fatigue. But I think you are right. He’s hasn’t been lifting his arms high hardly at all. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

We havent exceeded poo. We were supposed to win the Cup! Its been that way for over a year. Waddell told us we were with what we got and decided to do nothing.

You can’t win the cup when you are playing AHL’ers… They have Matthew Tkachuk and we have MacEachern.

Our two best goal scorers aren’t even in the lineup and expectations needed to be tempered as soon as both went down.

Anyone that thinks this team is the same as the one that has Svechnikov, Pacioretty, a healthy Teravainen, and hell, even Kase, is a damn fool.

This team got hit hard by injuries this year and it’s now caught up with us.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Florida likely to be overconfident now with no reason to be, so we will take game 3 in Sunrise Flahdah.  After that game 4 will be a battle. I’m gonna see this through.

Yeah, Florida already acts like it's written in the stars for them to win , and aren't humble about it all 

It isn't over till it's over, there might be an early hurricane warning in Florida!!!

(And if we don't win, I will become a temp Dallas/Vegas fan for a week) 

Edited by Day1PanthersFan
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Are we though?? Outside of svech, aho, slavin, and maybe burns and patches, we are pretty much skating 3rd liner or worse type talent.

We just have to be realistic - our system is great and makes us look a lot better than we actually are.

Jarvis, Turbo, and Necas are Top 6 talent.  (Turbo when healthy, his rhythm is definitely off and he doesn't need to be on Staal's line).

Skjei and Pesce are 2nd tier D lineman and Chatty could be put on a 2nd pair I believe.

We have more talent than you give us credit for.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

You can’t win the cup when you are playing AHL’ers… They have Matthew Tkachuk and we have MacEachern.

Our two best goal scorers aren’t even in the lineup and expectations needed to be tempered as soon as both went down.

Anyone that thinks this team is the same as the one that has Svechnikov, Pacioretty, a healthy Teravainen, and hell, even Kase, is a damn fool.

This team got hit hard by injuries this year and it’s now caught up with us.

This right here 

Our first two series win speaks louder about how terrible the Islanders and devils are than anything else. Yes, injuries definitely derailed us - but we still needed another scorer or two at the deadline

• Pie 1