• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bear's side of getting Moore

Good dude. For me, he always lacked that killer instinct and that was the main issue holding him back from being elite. If he could have channeled even a quarter of that Steve Smith mentality I’d probably regret our decision to move on much more than I do now. 

• Pie 6

5 hours ago, Harbingers said:

He’s gonna ball out. Gonna have to make a reminder to watch some bears games this season. 

Doubtful. DJ ain’t bailing Fields out of bad situations, he’s not that receiver. And he damn sure isn’t going to fight for the ball or have YAC.

Now if the opposing teams starts playing soft due to being up a couple scores, except big numbers from Moore with a couple/few clutch catches sprinkled in before disappearing, especially when you have to get open in tough situations, you know like in the end zone, where Moore can’t get open to save his life.

Of course that’s if there isn’t an average+ corner on the opposing team who can shut DJ down.

Shall I continue with his blocking and giving up on routes?

Y’all seriously overrate this guy. He’s not worthless but he’s not a #1, or close to it either. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 2

1 hour ago, toldozer said:

DJ Moore will apparently never play with a qb that can throw the ball. Hasn't had a good one since high school and the trend will continue with Fields.

What was the common denominator for all those qbs?

They played on teams that were stuck with a) DJ as their #1WR and b) a coach dumb enough to put him there.

Dude is just not that good. If he hits 750/5 playing in a stadium designed to prevent modern football from happening, Justin Fields will win the MVP!

• Pie 1

Who knows how good he could have been since he was obviously held up by bad qbs, but it makes sense to go get a good wr in the draft on a rookie deal. I think having a lot of different options at wr might be better for Bryce than having a true #1 since he is so good reading the field and finding open guys. You have a true #1 wr and then a drop off and the other team has a true #1 cb to neutralize him.