• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bear's side of getting Moore

20 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

His QB is ass and he will be the clear cut #1, dont expect any better numbers than what he put up in Carolina. 

So you admit his QB is not going to do him any favors. Yet still blame DJ for not getting better numbers?

Seems like a fair and unbiased slant.

3 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

So you admit his QB is not going to do him any favors. Yet still blame DJ for not getting better numbers?

Lol, don't you know logical thinking has no place in the NFL?

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

Not blaming anyone, people are saying he was going to ball out in Chicago. 

On 5/19/2023 at 3:39 PM, joemac said:

Love DJ, but I think we wont have a whole lot of trouble replacing 1000 yards and 4 TDs every season.  To his credit though, he never had a real QB throwing him the ball.  Maybe Fields can become that?

Fields can run 40 yards and hand it off to him, would be my guess.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 5/22/2023 at 10:59 AM, Bearzzz said:

We will all see, won't we?  Keep in mind, they had the option to take any of the rookie QBs this year and still went with the QB that couldn't throw for 150 yards. But I am sure you know better than the GM.

Yeah that is an interesting situation. Bears essentially felt Young couldn’t beat Fields out.  Or that no one in the draft could. Stroud, etc 

This could be a big deal for someone, however it works out. They both have to ball out or someone is looking and feeling pretty bad. 

The thought that Chicago was choosing Fields basically again, while at the same time I don’t think much of Fields, was a huge red flag for Young, for me.

Edited by stratocatter
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, stratocatter said:

Bears essentially felt Young couldn’t beat Fields out.  Or that no one in the draft could. Stroud, etc 

They believe (Fields+DJ Moore+24' 1st+ 23' 2nd+24' 2nd)> Any QB in the draft.

Its not that they believe Fields is better, its that they don't believe the upgrade value worth more than we offered.  We calculated that the upgrade is worth it, not to mention the fan base was tired of the QB carousel.

• Pie 4

13 hours ago, stratocatter said:

Yeah that is an interesting situation. Bears essentially felt Young couldn’t beat Fields out.  Or that no one in the draft could. Stroud, etc 

This could be a big deal for someone, however it works out. They both have to ball out or someone is looking and feeling pretty bad. 

The thought that Chicago was choosing Fields basically again, while at the same time I don’t think much of Fields, was a huge red flag for Young, for me.

Agree but don't get me wrong, I believe Fields still has to prove he can be a franchise QB.  Will he be able to do it? I don't know, but I like what I saw from him last season. He has this season to prove he can be a franchise QB. If he doesn't work out, the team will likely be in position for a high draft pick in 24. Doesn't hurt to have two first rounders either. 

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, poundaway said:

They believe (Fields+DJ Moore+24' 1st+ 23' 2nd+24' 2nd)> Any QB in the draft.

Its not that they believe Fields is better, its that they don't believe the upgrade value worth more than we offered.  We calculated that the upgrade is worth it, not to mention the fan base was tired of the QB carousel.

I believe this is on the right path. Here’s the other part of it:

Justin Fields ran for his life out of necessity last season. The offensive line was atrocious. Turn on a Bears game and you can often find their line losing easily. The WRs aren’t open and the line isn’t holding, what do you do? Run or get demolished. Stroud is the statue QB in the pocket, Young is nowhere near the athlete Fields is to get away from those rushers and can he take the beating Fields had to?, Richardson and Levis likely weren’t looked at as upgrades. 

I am sure part of the process for Poles was debating if they went they could protect Bryce with the project offensive line they had in Chicago. 

• Beer 1

DJ is a great pro and has really developed as a WR. I hate that we had to lose him. But again. We have seen what 4 years of DJ + poo at QB looks like. I'd much rather have a QB then replace DJ's production/find a new WR#1 

• Pie 1

On 5/23/2023 at 2:37 PM, Waldo said:

The top 5 pick next draft will hurt a lot more...

I just don't see this. We never had a top 5 pick with Rhule at the helm and he was actively making our team worse. Even if Bryce is league average this year we will be significantly better than years past

• Pie 5

4 hours ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

Honestly, I don't remember the Bear's side of the trade being mocked or criticized.  Everything sport analyst seemed to deem them the winners in the trade. 

Way too early to decide winners or losers. If BY is our starting qb for the next 10-15 years and wins us a ring while Fields flames out, there is no way the bears won the trade. 

On 5/25/2023 at 12:02 AM, Varking said:

I believe this is on the right path. Here’s the other part of it:

Justin Fields ran for his life out of necessity last season. The offensive line was atrocious. Turn on a Bears game and you can often find their line losing easily. The WRs aren’t open and the line isn’t holding, what do you do? Run or get demolished. Stroud is the statue QB in the pocket, Young is nowhere near the athlete Fields is to get away from those rushers and can he take the beating Fields had to?, Richardson and Levis likely weren’t looked at as upgrades. 

I am sure part of the process for Poles was debating if they went they could protect Bryce with the project offensive line they had in Chicago. 

I felt similarly to you about Chicago's OL, and in games I watched that is how it seemed. But... 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34536376/2022-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings-top-players-teams?platform=amp

Check the pass block win rates.

I think it was as much/more of an issue with WRs not getting open, based on these stats.. though I do think analytics are sometimes misleading since all it takes is one breakdown for pressure.

• Pie 1