• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral deserves a fair shot

Jmac

General thoughts about these players, I don't really give a poo about either one of them past what they can do for the Carolina Panthers.

Willing to not condemn Corral on his on field ineptitude under the circumstances last year. 

I would not get rid of Corral without satisfying myself that he couldn't beat out Young, and depending on how close that was maybe he stays.  

And if I were Corral i know I'd look at that other QB and feel like I was just as good, at least I hope he feels that way. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

General thoughts about these players, I don't really give a poo about either one of them past what they can do for the Carolina Panthers.

Willing to not condemn Corral on his on field ineptitude under the circumstances last year. 

I would not get rid of Corral without satisfying myself that he couldn't beat out Young, and depending on how close that was maybe he stays.  

And if I were Corral i know I'd look at that other QB and feel like I was just as good, at least I hope he feels that way. 

If things stay the way they are, with only 3 QBs on the roster. It appears that Matt should get ample opportunities to showcase his skillset. That's all any player wants. Give me a chance to show what I can do. Then let the chips fall where they may.

• Beer 3

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

So what happens if MC goes to TC and makes BY look 2nd string? Should BY still start or is it about what's best for the team? Most of us don't care who starts as long as it's what's best for the team. 

I don't live on "what if's"...

What's wrong with me believing BY will live up to the hype?

2 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Dalton will not be here forever.  My hopes is that Corral can develop into a good #2.  Will not be this year, but maybe in a couple of years.  Got to try to set up for the future as well.  Corral is on a cheap rookie deal so as long as he shows some potential is a good investment.

This is a very rational post that shows intelligence and a level headed thought process. 

Which leads to my question:  Why are you here?  

Seriously, developing  Corral into a solid backup while grooming BY as a franchise QB should not be conflicting initiatives for a competent professional staff. Dalton needs a small amount of time for continuity but there should be some reps for Corral without having to hamper BY’s growth.  

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

The Panthers coaching staff owes no loyalty to Corral and could have easily sent him packing, but they didn't.

If I'm Corral, I'd take that as a positive sign and make the most of the opportunity provided. 

I'm pretty sure that since the new staff has arrived, Matt is the ONLY one in that building nearly as often as they are. Fitt even made mention of that fact. I believe it is one of the reasons Eason is gone and not Matt. 

Now what he does with this opportunity? That's anyone's guess. But knowing his background, I would not count him out.

If he can add something to this team, I say, yee fuging haw cowboy. lol

• Poo 1

Corral was coming into the NFL with a bad OC who had one of the most complicated offenses in football.  Adjusting to the speed of the NFL is hard enough as it is.  McAdoo's menu sized play calling card made things over complicated which prevents playing fast.  Corral doesn't want to be a backup.  He'll get his shot eventually, here or somewhere else.  We went through 3 QB's last year, if Corral doesn't stink it up in preseason, he'll probably see the field at some point.  That is, if he doesn't get hurt again.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I don't live on "what if's"...

What's wrong with me believing BY will live up to the hype?

Stating BY will be the QB for the next 10 years and everyone else needs to get over it is the definition of living on "what ifs". 

Your belief is based on hope. A hope of what if BY is able to defy all the odds and be an outlier among outlier. What if he is able to take the abuse of the NFL for a decade. What if he is actually able to become a starter for 10 years in the NFL. 

That's a whole lot of what ifs. 

Edited by SmokinwithWilly
  • Beer 2

56 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Stating BY will be the QB for the next 10 years and everyone else needs to get over it is the definition of living on "what ifs". 

Your belief is based on hope. A hope of what if BY is able to defy all the odds and be an outlier among outlier. What if he is able to take the abuse of the NFL for a decade. What if he is actually able to become a starter for 10 years in the NFL. 

That's a whole lot of what ifs. 

You can say the same about Corral.

Excuse me for having "hope" in Bryce Young. When we trade what we did for him I think the coaches also believe he will be that guy.

Nothing against Corral, im just trying to figure out why people think he's in the picture. This will be Bryce Young's team moving forward.