• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young, other top QBs have "odd" meeting with Tom Brady

Mr. Scot

On 5/20/2023 at 12:18 PM, electro's horse said:

brady invested his money in tons of scams throughout the years, be it a fitness equipment company, supplements, crypto, or god knows what else. 

obviously the tb12 brand was just a way for the patriots to pay him under the table (1,000 dollar medicine balls etc) but the dude absolutely has an eye for getting scammed or scamming.

like he's trying to buy in to an nfl franchise and also holds a stake in an online betting company? I'd keep my players miles away from him. 

Yep. Basically what I was gonna post.

3 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

A. They are NOT grown men.

2. Stop being jealous of Brady.

D. They could learn a LOT from Tom Brady.

You mean when he tells Young not to worry when he has the refs in his back pocket to protect him from getting sacked or if a defensive player as much as looks at him a flag will get thrown for a penalty. 

brady is going to be an odd old retired man. that guy who keeps talking and talking and talking and offering what he thinks is sage old advice (and some might be) but he just won't quit talking but because he did so much you feel like you have to stay even though you've got places to be and a job to do. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

he also seems like that guy who keeps talking to you about the latest multi-level marketing scheme that's "not really a mlm" he's got involved in and you can't get away and just to shut him up you join and spend the rest of your life paying $65/month for crap you don't want.

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

brady is going to be an odd old retired man. that guy who keeps talking and talking and talking and offering what he thinks is sage old advice (and some might be) but he just won't quit talking but because he did so much you feel like you have to stay even though you've got places to be and a job to do. 

And at some point drift off into his thoughts that he could still play if he wanted to. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Sgt Schultz said:

And at some point drift off into his thoughts that he could still play if he wanted to. 

could probably switch out with 3 or 4 other people listening in the mean time and he'd never have a clue.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

could probably switch out with 3 or 4 other people listening in the mean time and he'd never have a clue.

The best way I can describe my menial thoughts on Brady's personality was that he was a good fit for playing for Hoodie for 72 years.  They both walk to the beat of their own drummer. 

I doubt Hoodie was try to sell you on some multi-level marketing scheme or his revolutionary idea on how to invest your money, but otherwise, they were probably made for each other.  McDaniels is probably in that group, too.

17 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

The best way I can describe my menial thoughts on Brady's personality was that he was a good fit for playing for Hoodie for 72 years.  They both walk to the beat of their own drummer. 

I doubt Hoodie was try to sell you on some multi-level marketing scheme or his revolutionary idea on how to invest your money, but otherwise, they were probably made for each other.  McDaniels is probably in that group, too.

there's just something about that whole era of the patriots that is just annoying. the fact they were so successful and that annoyingly weird just makes it all even more easy to hate them. 

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

there's just something about that whole era of the patriots that is just annoying. the fact they were so successful and that annoyingly weird just makes it all even more easy to hate them. 

They had seven bye weeks a year and all the other great afc teams were all in the north. They were always healthier than other teams because of this and then they’d get to the Super Bowl and bullshit would happen.

imagine how they’d do if they were playing the ravens, Steelers, and bengals six times a year instead of the clown college the afc east was filled with during that time. 

• Pie 2

On 5/20/2023 at 1:36 PM, Ghostface Chilla said:

Did nobody else see this in the news? It was about building a business for yourself outside of football and and making a brand. I read the article on NBC Sports the other day and it was pretty normal overall. The “odd” article is just clickbait.

After digging into some of the details, I agree that the article is purposely written to be provocative.  One HUGE detail that seems to be missing from the article (or buried somewhere?).  The Ruben guy is the CEO of Fanatics sports gear.  They are the official retailer of the NFL and run NFLshop.com.  The QBs were posted on twitter as "Fanatics Athletes."  Fanatics was actually a part of the rookie event.  In fact, the event itself was all about marketing, content, branding and business opportunities.

https://nflpa.com/partners/posts/nfl-rookies-learn-football-business-connect-with-partners-at-29th-annual-nflpa-rookie-premiere-presented-by-panini-america

image.thumb.png.ee9d3c1d025e76324c75332efdcd9fd5.png

Chris Gordy (@ChrisGordy) / Twitter

Penn State Football on Twitter: "RT @seancliff14: Jersey Reveal #GoPackGo  https://t.co/msjEK1jFxh" / Twitter

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

They had seven bye weeks a year and all the other great afc teams were all in the north. They were always healthier than other teams because of this and then they’d get to the Super Bowl and bullshit would happen.

imagine how they’d do if they were playing the ravens, Steelers, and bengals six times a year instead of the clown college the afc east was filled with during that time. 

true. tougher division and refs that weren't fans and a league that didn't slobber all over the idea of a dynasty and their track record would have been on par with someone like the steelers. could say the same about the peyton era colts. they really didn't have much of a challenge either. seems like the league had a crew that kept the path clear for the pats, though.