• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Panthers Game 3 ECF 8pm

Just now, WelshPanther said:

Definitely need to change a few things up and need some injury luck.

I love the regular season, games every few days of a team I love. 

It's definitely better than MLB, but I feel like it drags on too much when there are random stretches of 3 games in 4 nights then weird 4 day layoffs between games.

You also just can't beat playoff hockey. Even though it sucked losing the 4 OT game, you just don't get that level of buttclench in any other sport.

• Pie 2

Right before the end of the reg season, we got cold. We're too up and down. Too late now.

When the NHL gifted FLA the TOR series, it should have been a clue. If I had any money to waste, I'd bet on FLA to win the cup.

And anybody that puts any blame on Freddie or Aanti is an idiot.

• Beer 3

Just now, cookinbrak said:

Right before the end of the reg season, we got cold. We're too up and down. Too late now.

When the NHL gifted FLA the TOR series, it should have been a clue. If I had any money to waste, I'd bet on FLA to win the cup.

And anybody that puts any blame on Freddie or Aanti is an idiot.

I hated the one goal Freddie let in Game 1. But, he isn't the reason we lost the game. 

The margin for error just gets smaller and smaller the deeper in the playoffs you go.

If it does end like this, I mostly hate it for the players, we can turn it off and move on , but they have to live it, live with there hopes and dreams crushed at the gates of elysium 

Time to take a break from sports , not gonna watch the finals, don't care who wins anymore

I will definitely be back here for the regular season, I came here because of the Panthers, but found a cool group of hockey fans to talk to while I watch the Canes, no hockey fans where I live so it's refreshing 

• Pie 1

If someone told me we would hold Florida to an average of 2 goals per game through 3 games I would be ecstatic and thinking the Canes would have at least a 2-1 series lead.

What I didn't expect was that we are averaging 1 goal per game.  Somehow we were able to get through the first two rounds and our anemic offense went into hiding showing up here and there (mostly during the Islanders series).

Now it's really obvious how much we miss Svech, how nice it would be to have Patches on the ice, and have Turbo not coming back from a broken hand and being really out of rhythm (he always is when he first comes back from injury).  Throw in the fact that the refs have been poo this series and here we are......

I didn't think we'd get past the second round, and to be honest after Turbo went down I was prepared to go out to the Islanders so I am taking this in stride.  I am pissed to be down 3-0 when we easily could be up 3-0 or 2-1.  I am pleased to see our goalies plays so well, I never thought Andersen and Raanta would be so consistently solid.  Give Bob his credit - he's made the saves needed to steal games and he's in the Canes head - along with us not being elite offensively is a bad combo.

Oh yeah, having Staal obviously suffering from some kind of upper body injury doesn't help either.  His line has still played well, but Staal isn't laying the wood like he was earlier in the playoffs and he can't put anything on his shot, let alone lift the puck when shooting.  He's playing through it...

I am not going to knock this team, they got farther than I thought they would and the fat lady hasn't sung yet.  She is in the waiting room warming up though.....

#LetsGoCanes

Edited by Rocky Davis
  • Pie 3