• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OTA’s

49 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

You can’t put down PNP then praise Big Katt in the same sentence lmao.

Rashad did acknowledge that it was probably a chemistry thing and they’re generally pretty unbiased and analytical with their analysis. 

Did the throws look good? No, but also like it’s an OTA session in May. It’s not the end of the world. The overreactions to this and the batted pass are OD but we knew this would happen as soon as he messed anything up. 

Haha Paws up til I die. Big Katttttt

Corral pooped the bed last preseason, but he has come out strong here in the OTAs. Sometimes a painful rejection can light a fire under someone. Corral is here to fight and claw it appears from what little information we have at this point. Yes this is jumping to conclusions based on limited information, but that's kind of how sports forums work. Corral is showing me something here, and I think the coaches are taking notice. 

• Beer 3

Wasn't  Jamarr Chase dropping a bunch of balls the pre season before his rookie season? And he went on to ball out like crazy. 

I wouldn't worry about Bryce unless you see him missing bunch of those throws in the regular season and it limits our offense if he cant throw accurately downfield 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, pantherj said:

Corral pooped the bed last preseason, but he has come out strong here in the OTAs. Sometimes a painful rejection can light a fire under someone. Corral is here to fight and claw it appears from what little information we have at this point. Yes this is jumping to conclusions based on limited information, but that's kind of how sports forums work. Corral is showing me something here, and I think the coaches are taking notice. 

Last preseason was probably the first time in Corral's life that things did not work out how he thought they would from a football standpoint.  It's hard for anyone who has been one of the best players on the field week in and week out all the way from pee wee to the NFL to come to realization that, for the first time in their life, they are not the best player on the field, and every rep you get has to be fought and clawed for.

Regardless, I loved Corral's interview this week.  Seems to have the right mindset coming into this season.  Reich has like what Corral is going through, so I'm sure he's much better to relate to Corral than the short-order cook.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

The concerns with Young will not go away anytime soon. Everytime a ball is batted, he misses a WR, throws an INT it will be because he is too short and doesn't have the arm strength for the NFL. We are not going to be a team that throws it deep 5+ times a game. We are going to be a methodical, long drives with multiple plays type of offense. This offense suits Young to his strengths which is currently not the deep ball (that doesn't mean it will be like that for his entire career). I admit I have my concerns about the arm strength and those deep balls obviously did not look good but it's still super early in the process if he's still under/over shooting receivers come late July/August then I will say there is some cause for concern but right now Young looks to be on the right track. Give him time.

1 hour ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

The concerns with Young will not go away anytime soon. Everytime a ball is batted, he misses a WR, throws an INT it will be because he is too short and doesn't have the arm strength for the NFL. We are not going to be a team that throws it deep 5+ times a game. We are going to be a methodical, long drives with multiple plays type of offense. This offense suits Young to his strengths which is currently not the deep ball (that doesn't mean it will be like that for his entire career). I admit I have my concerns about the arm strength and those deep balls obviously did not look good but it's still super early in the process if he's still under/over shooting receivers come late July/August then I will say there is some cause for concern but right now Young looks to be on the right track. Give him time.

That’s what I’m noticing also in reference to the dink and dunk offense. It’s not going to be the most exciting offense but if young can limit turnovers/move the chains and the defense isn’t Swiss cheese they have a formula to win a lot of games. However the playoffs are a different animal 

• Pie 1