• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Today's press conferences

jayboogieman

1 hour ago, ladypanther said:

It is amazing that Reich could comment on the practice without having to say "I'll have to look at the tape"

This is what it's like having an experienced nfl head coach. The Panthers that you come to know over the past 5 years is gone.  This is a completely new team under a very competent coaching staff. There may be some leftovers but make no mistake, this team will be nothing like the teams in the past.  You will be proud to be a fan again. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3

17 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

This is what it's like having an experienced nfl head coach. The Panthers that you come to know over the past 5 years is gone.  This is a completely new team under a very competent coaching staff. There may be some leftovers but make no mistake, this team will be nothing like the teams in the past.  You will be proud to be a fan again. 

the advantage that reich will have over fox and rivera and especially rhule is that he's not coming in with a lot to figure out in the new role. he has the benefit of experience...and not just any experience.

he made mistakes in indy. i think he did alright there, but i know he realizes there's some things that he knows looking back that he could have and wished he could have done better. there are some things that he didn't know walking into that new job in indy that i think, looking back, he wished he knew when he got the job.

now he has the experience and wisdom that comes from hindsight and he gets to apply that to a new situation for him. 

plus, we aggre$$ively went after assistant coaches and support staff to ensure that we had the brightest and best available minds there putting this team and scheme together. and then they, this group of the best and brightest available, put their heads together and picked out the best available QB in this draft and the FO sold out to get that young talent.

we've never had a moment in this franchises history where we were this dedicated to success and dammit, i'm excited.

• Pie 4

6 hours ago, jfra78 said:

I don't understand how this has anything to do with Bryce's demeanor.  A father's profession doesn't usually translate to the child.  

It absolutely does. Especially if Bryce's dad communicated with his son in a way which was more reminiscent of a counselor.  

5 hours ago, rayzor said:

more than likely correct in this situation. from everything i've seen/heard regarding his dad and the way he carries himself publicly and professionally...same with his mother...their demeanor most certainly was modeled throughout Bryce's life and would have been easy for him to naturally emulate. both parents seem to be very controlled and positive in every aspect of life, especially in their professions. For the dad, Craig, because he runs a company that doesn't just deal with counseling, but he does a lot of consulting and motivational speaking, it would be hard to turn that part of himself off from that part. it would likely carry over into life at home. most people, especially people who are self employed, find their work life self carrying into their home life self. 

it just makes sense that the both the dad and mom's personality part in their profession and who they had to be in that profession, it carried over into what their son saw daily. and i don't think it's rare for that to happen at all. who people are at work carries over a lot of the time into who they are at home and it will, in one way or another, influence the growing and evolving personality and demeanor of their children.

I don't even think it's a subtle, indirect thing that Bryce just instinctually emulated.  My guess is that his dad explicitly coaches him on these things: "hey son, up at the podium you should do X, Y, and Z to project confidence and professionalism".  As has been mentioned, his dad is a councilor and a consultant...it is literally his job to instruct others on how to carry themselves.  There's no reason to believe he wouldn't apply that expertise to his own son as well.

Bryce and his family dynamic strike me as a well-oiled machine of a unit who has meticulously crafted and refined him into what he is today...going back years and years.  Him taking the S2 since high school is one example of that.  It unfortunately may come across to some as him being somewhat robotic, and can muzzle his personality in the spotlight, but it seems like everything he does and says is very deliberate to a tee.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Just listening to his presser and demeanor is night and day vs. Rhule.  We finally have an NFL caliber head coach again.

Getting actual answers and insight is a nice change.  No pretense, no nonsense slogans, etc.

I'm betting Reich already has more respect and clout in the locker room than Matt Fraud ever had.

• Beer 2

18 hours ago, Seltzer said:

Just listening to his presser and demeanor is night and day vs. Rhule.  We finally have an NFL caliber head coach again.

Getting actual answers and insight is a nice change.  No pretense, no nonsense slogans, etc.

I'm betting Reich already has more respect and clout in the locker room than Matt Fraud ever had.

That's one thing that I think Wilks did better than either of them.  He commanded the pressers.