• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Panthers ECF Game 4

Here's the reality, and it's the first time I'll have questioned Rod's coaching possibly.

The boys have worked hard as hell. They've absolutely given the effort. Nobody with two functioning eyes can in good faith say they haven't. So we're struggling. Either A) Bob is a god, B) Florida is a better hockey team or C) our strategy/lines aren't working.

Now, multiple of these can be true simultaneously but the reality is this. If we roll the same lines and the same game plan in game 4, then Rod failed. Period. Even if we win, it's not a winning strategy for the series.

If we mix it up and still lose? Then so be it. But you HAVE to try something new

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, lightsout said:

Here's the reality, and it's the first time I'll have questioned Rod's coaching possibly.

The boys have worked hard as hell. They've absolutely given the effort. Nobody with two functioning eyes can in good faith say they haven't. So we're struggling. Either A) Bob is a god, B) Florida is a better hockey team or C) our strategy/lines aren't working.

Now, multiple of these can be true simultaneously but the reality is this. If we roll the same lines and the same game plan in game 4, then Rod failed. Period. Even if we win, it's not a winning strategy for the series.

If we mix it up and still lose? Then so be it. But you HAVE to try something new

I think Rod`s coaching is fine. We just need more clutch guys that are a threat whenever they get the puck. They dont have to be good at anything else as long as they can help us to stop hitting posts and start knocking in goals. Especially on the powerplay. Which, btw whoever is in charge of that should be fired in the offseason.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

I think Rod`s coaching is fine. We just need more clutch guys that are a threat whenever they get the puck. They dont have to be good at anything else as long as they can help us to stop hitting posts and start knocking in goals. Especially on the powerplay. Which, btw whoever is in charge of that should be fired in the offseason.

I believe Jeff Daniels runs the PP and in my opinion he should have never been hired.

I love Rod but I think he made a mistake hiring Daniels.

I feel like Warsofsky should have been promoted from Chicago but instead he went to San Jose and now he’s being talked about as a future HC candidate.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

7 hours ago, lightsout said:

It's obvious that what we are trying is not working.

• Pie 1

guess I'm an optimist but ALL these games could have gone our way if just a few post shots would have  gone in - Bob is on a roll but our goalies have been really good, Panthers have peaked at the right time and maybe it's their year, but I put little blame on Rod or the team for that matter. Only fault is Waddel not  getting a stud at the deadline.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

I spoke about this at length following the NJ series. RBA changed up the lines to create better defensive matchups against NJ's speed. It worked perfectly from a defensive perspective. But, almost accidentally, it also created offense (goals) because NJ couldn't match them or just weren't ready for them.

Why did RBA find it necessary to run those same lines against a Florida team that has nowhere near the speed or offensive depth of NJ? I have no clue. I would have thought RBA goes back to the lines he used against the Isles. Face it, you've got 3 lines out there who were put together for defensive purposes and they're now having to work overtime to score goals... with little to no success.

• Pie 2