• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Panthers ECF Game 4

2 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Sounds like a Jeff Daniels thing to me. 

The pp sucked with Svech healthy and has for a long time. You cannot tell me a PP with the skill of Svech, turbo, Aho, Jarvis, necas, etc. should be scoring at less than a 20% clip. 

This is on the league plain and simple. They got to Ambitious and forgot the rules. 

What a kick in the nuts. Fully healthy we take it easy. 4 1 goal games where bounces really could’ve gone either way and Bob stood on his friggin head the entire series. Oh well, this is still a great team with an extremely bright present and future. Time for football season

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

I ain’t watching a single second of the cup. The NHL wants to manipulate poo. Do a better job. That was clearly goaltender interference. 

I don't think many people are going to watch it period (no matter which of the 4 teams made it). No big name players, no big markets. This is definitely a year I would ask for a refund for any network broadcasters(TNT/ESPN) and advertisers that ponied up money to host or be aired during it because the viewership ratings are going to be really ugly.

It sucks to be this close and lose, but it is what it is. If we win the Stanley Cup, awesome and I'll be cheering as loud as possible. If we lose, it just means I've freed up time from having to watch sports and actually do something productive.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I agree, this team played hard and through a lot of adversity in this series and lost by one goal each game with almost every ticky tack call going against them, all the injuries, playing two guys who were or would have been in the AHL (Mac and Drury) if we were healthy....nah I am not down on the team at all.

Ghost was pretty bad in the ECF, he doesn't deserve to get a big $$$ contract but he will it just won't be from us.  Pool Party doesn't know what he's supposed to be, I think Edmonton fugged him up.  I think he needs to learn to play some good D with his size and be a third liner with some scoring potential.  He looked lost in our "system."

Patches and Svech and good health for our other players would have made this series different.  Just bad luck!

And as much as I’ve cussed out goalies this season, they did their jobs in the playoffs.  We’re getting some roster spots opening with Gardiner and Kane most likely gone.  We do have to improve the power play, whether it’s a coaching change or with personnel.  I would like to see us get some size over the off-season too.  Svech and Burns of those guys, but id like to see one more body that could hand it back to these physical teams  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, DavidEng said:

With Svechnikov and Pacioretti we would have won this series handily. Without them we got what Waddell didn’t pay for at the TDL.  Proud the boys made it this far.

Do not make light. The NHL fuged us. I really hope dundon appeals that tomorrow. 

I know both Raanta and Andersen are FAs at the end of the year.  After what Freddie showed do we re-sign him?  I think we only re-sign one of Raanta or Andersen most likely, but Freddie showed up big time and kept us in all the games....and Raanta did as well in Game 2.  I like Koochie, but I still don't see him as the starting goalie next year.

Some tough decisions ahead.

• Beer 1

Officials and leagues will almost never admit to being wrong unless the receipts are put out there and the majority of people make them respond.  This crap has been going on so long against the Canes that every year I say the same thing, and I think Rod needs to tell his team this too:  "You guys have to beat the other team and the refs, don't leave a game in the hands of the refs or you will ultimately lose every single mother fugging time.  Play to make sure the refs and league can't steal it from you."

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

38 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I know both Raanta and Andersen are FAs at the end of the year.  After what Freddie showed do we re-sign him?  I think we only re-sign one of Raanta or Andersen most likely, but Freddie showed up big time and kept us in all the games....and Raanta did as well in Game 2.  I like Koochie, but I still don't see him as the starting goalie next year.

Some tough decisions ahead.

I'd take Raanta over Freddie. Freddie has shown he can't stay healthy.

If we can get Freddie for 1 or 2 years cheap, maybe.