• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good Morning FootBall: Who do you like most in the NFC South

jayboogieman

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

We were hoping he'd stay inside the rails until at least the draft but the guy was riding too close and then a couple days before the draft he jumped it and it was just too far to let him come back.

Of course he started a YouTube channel where he calls a few of us out in the intro that lasts about as half as long as his ramblings. Lots of "ummm....yeah....you know" in between moments where he's trying to be sly saying something but you can never really figure out what he's getting at.

I decided to look it up.  Never heard someone use so many words to say absolutely nothing.  

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, shaq said:

In total honesty as bad as I think the Bucs are, I could see them stealing a game from us. Hopefully not, but I have a massive fear of our CB room and especially our depth. If Jaycee misses any time we’re going to get fuging torched. Bucs still have Chris Godwin and Mike Evan’s out wide, could get ugly and turn into a shootout with our revamped offense.

If Jaycee or Donte went down, I'm thinking we move Eric Rowe outside and slide somebody like Chinn or Robinson to nickel. If we lost one we could still be competitive but if we lose both we're screwed. 

Idunno, but I've convinced myself Rejzohn Wright will surpass Henderson and Taylor Jr on the depth chart. We know how bad both of them can be but we don't know improved they might be after a scheme change and legit coaching. NFL Taylor Jr, in particular. He took a serious fall from what I saw from year 1. Henderson has always looked out of his league to me. 

We don't know what we really have currently...lol hell Rasul Douglas left and made a Pro Bowl...

I will say with the skill players in our division CB should be high up on the priority list after the draft. Atleast we have the $$ to grab one if needed.

42 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

If Jaycee or Donte went down, I'm thinking we move Eric Rowe outside and slide somebody like Chinn or Robinson to nickel. If we lost one we could still be competitive but if we lose both we're screwed. 

Idunno, but I've convinced myself Rejzohn Wright will surpass Henderson and Taylor Jr on the depth chart. We know how bad both of them can be but we don't know improved they might be after a scheme change and legit coaching. NFL Taylor Jr, in particular. He took a serious fall from what I saw from year 1. Henderson has always looked out of his league to me. 

We don't know what we really have currently...lol hell Rasul Douglas left and made a Pro Bowl...

I will say with the skill players in our division CB should be high up on the priority list after the draft. Atleast we have the $$ to grab one if needed.

Good points, but also Donte will be out for a solid chunk next season to start. Tore his Achilles late in the season, legit the worst possible injury for his position. Takes away athleticism and honestly that’s pretty much all Donte is. He’s a fast dude with good ball skills, but he’s under sized and without his speed he will be a bad corner baring a complete recovery somehow. CB is an issue!

The Bucs remind of the year we went 2-14 with Clausen at the helm. That team actually had good pieces, a solid defense, great RBs and we were awful. You basically can't win in this league without a QB unless your defense is historically great 

19 hours ago, shaq said:

Good points, but also Donte will be out for a solid chunk next season to start. Tore his Achilles late in the season, legit the worst possible injury for his position. Takes away athleticism and honestly that’s pretty much all Donte is. He’s a fast dude with good ball skills, but he’s under sized and without his speed he will be a bad corner baring a complete recovery somehow. CB is an issue!

I forgot Donte's injury was Achilles. And when he returns will his speed be retained??... 

Might be one of reasons we were supposedly interested in Julian Brent's. And while some of the dudes I stated have potential, they're far from proven commodities. Yea if I'm Fitts, I'm on the phone now. 

Whatever it takes to not repeat that Bucs game last season. 

21 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I decided to look it up.  Never heard someone use so many words to say absolutely nothing.  

That's pretty much the reaction I had. Someone posted one or two in the mod forum and I all I could do was laugh because I had no clue what he was trying to say. None of us did. I listened  to a couple of them to see if it made any more sense but really it's just 3 minutes of intro music (a Beatles song) with him throwing our names in there, followed by 3-4 minutes of incoherent rambling, and then 3 minutes playing the same song he played in the intro as an outro.

No joke.

13 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

I forgot Donte's injury was Achilles. And when he returns will his speed be retained??... 

Might be one of reasons we were supposedly interested in Julian Brent's. And while some of the dudes I stated have potential, they're far from proven commodities. Yea if I'm Fitts, I'm on the phone now. 

Whatever it takes to not repeat that Bucs game last season. 

“31 pro players who sustained ruptures and found that 32% of them never returned to play in the NFL again.”

.http://fas.sagepub.com/content/2/6/283

“players in particular use explosive accelerations, sudden stops, and changes in direction, placing increased stress on the tendo-Achilles complex.“

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7708715/

Donte tore his Achilles last year on November 10th in the Falcons game. A full year would put him returning week 9 this season. And that’s just him returning, I’m not banking on him being the same player. Regardless, up until week 9 that leaves Jaycee, Cj, Taylor, Stantley as our top 4 guys. If Jaycee misses any time we’re going to be in a horrible situation and it could be a bad situation anyway if Cj doesn’t take a big step forward this season.

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, rayzor said:

That's pretty much the reaction I had. Someone posted one or two in the mod forum and I all I could do was laugh because I had no clue what he was trying to say. None of us did. I listened  to a couple of them to see if it made any more sense but really it's just 3 minutes of intro music (a Beatles song) with him throwing our names in there, followed by 3-4 minutes of incoherent rambling, and then 3 minutes playing the same song he played in the intro as an outro.

No joke.

I looked it up for a laugh but after listening, it was just sad. He sounds mentally ill. 

Edited by PantherRN
  • Pie 1

9 hours ago, shaq said:

“31 pro players who sustained ruptures and found that 32% of them never returned to play in the NFL again.”

.http://fas.sagepub.com/content/2/6/283

“players in particular use explosive accelerations, sudden stops, and changes in direction, placing increased stress on the tendo-Achilles complex.“

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7708715/

Donte tore his Achilles last year on November 10th in the Falcons game. A full year would put him returning week 9 this season. And that’s just him returning, I’m not banking on him being the same player. Regardless, up until week 9 that leaves Jaycee, Cj, Taylor, Stantley as our top 4 guys. If Jaycee misses any time we’re going to be in a horrible situation and it could be a bad situation anyway if Cj doesn’t take a big step forward this season.

I have zero faith in CJ. I did last offseason but watching his effort in that Bucs game change my whole perspective. As for Taylor, I'm still cautiously optimistic that he'll develop into a solid option under this staff. Eric Rowe should come in handy. 

Jaycee has missed alot of time but when he's out there he's damn near elite at what he does. And I dont think he's injury prone, I think he's had bad luck. 1st injury non-contact that occurred while back peddling iirc and last season took Chinn's helmet to the shoulder/wrist area. 

On the bright side it's still a couple of quality corners on the market if we need to make a move. I don't think we're going to just yet but ay we got options. 

• Beer 2