• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton + Antonio Brown = ?????

GRWatcher

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

He already said last season he would come in as a backup but IIRC he wanted to be on a contending team. It makes sense. What reason does he have to come back other than chase a ring?

His list of teams didn't reflect that sentiment. The only serious contenders of the 9 he listed are Bills and Eagles.  It was predominantly related to personal connections.

7 hours ago, MickMixon'sMetaphors said:

Cam could be a stud in the xfl. Would be fun to watch. 

Really only downsides to him doing that

He's Cam Newton, he'd be expected to go out there and win MVP while leading his team to the championship easily, so even in doing so, he'd really gain nothing out of it.

If he did anything less than that, even if not his fault, teams would say he doesn't have it anymore and nobody would give him a chance.

It also would be risky for his health, you'd get some of those players wanting to make a name for themselves by putting a big hit on Cam and it could lead to some over-aggression and some bad late hits.

Cam wants to play but he's trying to avoid walking into another dumpster fire. Problem is only a dumpster fire of a team would put him on the field in 2023. He's only willing to ride the bench on a team that could can get him to a ring. Problem is these teams don't want or need a high profile backup. I imagine he's turned down offers already and that's why he came up with this oddly specific list.  

He should have done something like this (or preferably the XFL) once the calls stopped coming. Same with Kaepernick. Showing the league you've still got gas left will go much further than workouts and wish lists on social media.

On 5/26/2023 at 8:11 AM, MechaZain said:

Cam wants to play but he's trying to avoid walking into another dumpster fire. Problem is only a dumpster fire of a team would put him on the field in 2023. He's only willing to ride the bench on a team that could can get him to a ring. Problem is these teams don't want or need a high profile backup. I imagine he's turned down offers already and that's why he came up with this oddly specific list.  

He should have done something like this (or preferably the XFL) once the calls stopped coming. Same with Kaepernick. Showing the league you've still got gas left will go much further than workouts and wish lists on social media.

I know he's said it but I honestly don't believe him. Cam is an alpha. It's just who he is. I can't see him being a happy, content backup. The guy will want to play.