• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Off-Season Thread

Jeff Daniels does helm our best PK. But the PP is historically bad.  Need that fixed. I just go to all the games but I don’t know. 

need a goal scorer. That simple. 

Staal is done  I think he retires. Aho is our captain. 

pool party and ghost where absurd absolutely busts. Ghost couldn’t stop turning it over. 

will KK step up next year. I hope so. 

freddie raanta and Koochie. One goes. My guess raanta. 

ohhh and we need a goal scorer. 

• Beer 1

Just now, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Jeff Daniels does helm our best PK. But the PP is historically bad.  Need that fixed. I just go to all the games but I don’t know. 

need a goal scorer. That simple. 

Staal is done  I think he retires. Aho is our captain. 

pool party and ghost where absurd absolutely busts. Ghost couldn’t stop turning it over. 

will KK step up next year. I hope so. 

freddie raanta and Koochie. One goes. My guess raanta. 

ohhh and we need a goal scorer. 

Tim Gleason runs the PK not Daniels.

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

That man is svetch. But we need that dirty guy. 

You don’t want your star player having to be your enforcer though, in my opinion. If Svech was playing tonight and stuck up for Slavin against Bennett that would be a trade Florida would take 10 times out of 10. We need a second or third pairing defenseman or a bottom six forward who has a little goon in them.

It’s sad that our star player has the most balls on the team when it comes to sticking up for his teammates.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Acquire a player with some actual grit and toughness. If we’re gonna get called for penalties, we might as well knock some of the opposing teams’ players out of the game.

Yeah we need to adjust our philosophy a little. Im tired of this pussified hockey where we take it but dont dish it. Other teams are not afraid of dishing it either because we arent hurting them with our powerplay. Fix the powerplay and get more physicality on this team.

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Acquire a player with some actual grit and toughness. If we’re gonna get called for penalties, we might as well knock some of the opposing teams’ players out of the game.

This x100. This is like 4 years in a row some goon has knocked out one of our best players in a series (Boston x2, NYR, FL). How we haven't learned and gotten somebody to return the favor is just mind-boggling to me - this is even worse than not trading for a scorer at the deadline IMO.

• Beer 1

I’m fine with Staal coming back as a 4C and I definitely want Fast back. I’m also fine with Andersen and Raanta coming back because I don’t truly trust Kochetkov yet.

But I’d 1000% offer sheet PLD and try to sign a physical presence like Carson Soucy.

Svechnikov - Aho - Teravainen

Pacioretty - PLD - Necas

Noesen - Kotkaniemi - Jarvis

Martinook - Staal - Fast

Drury

Burns - Slavin

Skjei - Pesce

Soucy - Chatfield

Andersen

Raanta

Having a healthy Svechnikov, Pacioretty, and en elite 2C in PLD would probably put us over the hump.

• Beer 1