• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young… Batted down pass

TheBigKat

16 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

Well bless your heart. You keep fighting the good fight. The problem with all that fighting is you miss out on all the exciting things going on along the way. But hey, it's your decision.

Its may...aint nothing exciting happen yet chief.

4 hours ago, BlackPanther22 said:

I mean if you think being taller = less batted passes then you’re really mistaken. Big ass 6’6 Justin Herbert led the league in passes batted down last year with 24, second was 6’3 Joe Burrow with 23. Hell, Cam was 6’5-6’6 and he got hella balls batted down at the line, especially later in his career. 

It has much more to do with release point and finding throwing lanes than height. It’s ridiculous that literally one batted pass has led to 5 pages of conversation but I digress. 

Here are last years league leaders in batted passes. Lotta tall guys with a lot of batted balls, but hey what do I know. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2022/passing_advanced.htm

No.... Stop with the facts!  It doesn't fit with my world view!

• Pie 1

Clearly the Panthers need to cut their losses with Young now.  No point in waiting.  Fire Fitts for drafting a guy that may have been worth a 5th round pick as #1 overall.  Burn the Young jerseys that have been made, collect the ashes, put them in a barrel, and give it to NASA to ship into space.

Let's contact Dan McGuire to see if he has any sons that can throw a football.  Maybe they inherited his size.

Does that about cover it?

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

I'd rather have Will Levis, Anthony Richardson, or CJ Stroud. Young and Mayfield may end up being two peas in a pod of batted down passes.

Head over and be a Chargers supporter and enjoy your 6’6 QB leading the league in battered passes 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Brent Gregory said:

Qbs with limited field vision and processing skills have problems with batted balls. I sure never remember Brees having that issue. Mayfield was a prime example. 

Are you saying that Young has a problem with batted balls?

5 hours ago, Brent Gregory said:

Qbs with limited field vision and processing skills have problems with batted balls. I sure never remember Brees having that issue. Mayfield was a prime example. 

Yeah Burrow and Herbert have limited field vision…