• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deandre Hopkins is a FA

Seltzer

Quick FYI: Hopkins is actually in SC this weekend.

How do I know?

Lady Cowboy Fan and I went to dinner with a family member of hers in Clemson today. On the way back, we stopped at a grocery store where our cashier told us she had run into him at a gas station earlier in the day.

He explained he was in town to attend the graduation ceremony at his high school. She'd had the chance to get a picture taken with him and showed it to Lady Cowboy Fan. I pulled up a pic online for comparison and yes, it was legit.

So...what does that mean?

It means he's in town to attend the graduation ceremony at his old high school and a local grocery store clerk got a chance to take a picture with him.

Could the Panthers sign him? Sure they could, but I don't think that'll happen.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Quick FYI: Hopkins is actually in SC this weekend.

How do I know?

Lady Cowboy Fan and I went to dinner with a family member of hers in Clemson today. On the way back, we stopped at a grocery store where our cashier told us she had run into him at a gas station earlier in the day.

He explained he was in town to attend the graduation ceremony at his high school. She'd had the chance to get a picture taken with him and showed it to Lady Cowboy Fan. I pulled up a pic online for comparison and yes, it was legit.

So...what does that mean?

It means he's in town to attend the graduation ceremony at his old high school and a local grocery store clerk got a chance to take a picture with him.

Could the Panthers sign him? Sure they could, but I don't think that'll happen.

I think we are mostly set at WR.  I’d rather spend money on something else.  There are still a ton of talent in FA.

11 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

What planet are you living on?

Last year after his suspension he killed it until Kyler got hurt, his per game averages would have come out to 120 catches for 1,350 yards in a 17 game season.

2021 wasn't great, but still, when he's been on the field, he's still an elite level WR.  No, maybe he's not a Top 3 WR in the league anymore, but he's absolutely Top 20 at worst and still probably pushing Top 10 if he's fully healthy.

He still has some of, if not THE, best hands in the NFL, he catches almost anything in his radius

How many games was he suspended for and was unavailable again?

How bad did he throw his teammates under the bus in an effort to get out of Houston?

How bad did he throw his teammates under the bus in an effort to get out of Arizona?

He doesn't do well with struggling teams and both picked him up and then let him go for pennies on the dollar because no one would take him for the market value the general public thinks he's worth. 

There are more problems with Hopkins on your team than we even know. Let's not bring him in when we have a young QB and a team being rebuilt. Not only could he be cancerous to the team, the price tag is going to be way up there. That's a Dallas Cowboys move.

• Pie 2

I'm interested in seeing if Young and Mingo can develop into at least a lite version of Burrow/Chase (or Montana/Rice for us older folks). That's less likely to happen with Hopkins in the mix. 

Additionally, the timing just isn't right. Hopkins is expensive and looking for a contender. The Panthers window hasn't opened yet and may not for a couple of years. It wouldn't help if Hopkins was leaving about the time the Panthers were turning into legit contenders. He's a nice thought, but not now.

Do we need another receiver that will keep our younger guys on the bench and inhibit their development? Mingo and TMJ are our future, we have to get them game time and make sure they both develop especially TMJ. This year is crucial for him. Probably an unpopular opinion but I would let Hopkins go somewhere else at this point in an attempt to se what we have with young guys and who can develop with playing time on the field.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Do we need another receiver that will keep our younger guys on the bench and inhibit their development? Mingo and TMJ are our future, we have to get them game time and make sure they both develop especially TMJ. This year is crucial for him. Probably an unpopular opinion but I would let Hopkins go somewhere else at this point in an attempt to se what we have with young guys and who can develop with playing time on the field.

I don't see the team being interested to begin with

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Are you asking if we can use a #1 WR?

What kind of question is that. Hopkins is not a cancer. Hell yes we need that kind of WR.

Ask Cam Newton who was his WR his best passing season. That vet Smitty was the best thing Cam ever had and that was his rookie year.

7 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

It's good you know what an overpay is. Not sure why you needed to tell me what is was though...

Because you don’t seem to understand the meaning of overpay. By your own statement you want to pay a player more than he is worth to the team.

• Poo 1

17 minutes ago, mccjeff said:

Because you don’t seem to understand the meaning of overpay. By your own statement you want to pay a player more than he is worth to the team.

If you actually read my post earlier in this thread you would see I said the only way we get Hopkins is if we overpay more than the contenders offer him. Not that I think we will overpay him...

You look weird bro. Stop making assumptions...