• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deandre Hopkins is a FA

Seltzer

1 hour ago, CAPantherFan said:
On a recent appearance on the “I Am Athlete” podcast, free-agent WR DeAndre Hopkins listed the five QBs he’d most like to catch passes from: the Bills’ Josh Allen, the Eagles’ Jalen Hurts, the Chiefs’ Patrick Mahomes, the Ravens’ Lamar Jackson and the Chargers’ Justin Herbert.

Might be one of the Florida teams. No state income tax sometimes plays into it. 

• Beer 1

44 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

Great talent but it is kind of concerning that multiple organizations now have chosen to move on with little to no compensation. I realize Houston and Arizona aren't exactly model organizations but still. Kind of reminds me of Antonio Brown; all the talent in the world but multiple teams quickly deciding its not worth the hassle.

There aren't any reports of nutbag behavior like TO or Brown.

Hopkins is just expensive and not 100% of the time worth the price tag. Given his contract, I can understand the Cardinals cutting him. Not tradeable and detrimental to the cap long term.

1 hour ago, Hoenheim said:

Oh poo

Do we not have the most remaining cap space in the league  and a no obvious #1 WR??

2nd highest remaining cap space. But I doubt Hopkins wants to play with a rookie QB and new coaching staff 🤔 

Screenshot_20230526_121930_Chrome.jpg

Make it happen!

We have to overpay if he comes here, otherwise if contenders are offering anywhere close he will just sign with the better teams.

How much are we willing to overpay is the question?

3 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

These arguments get old. Same as the "X area is better than Y area!" We don't know what the personal motivations for most od these guys are. It might be family, taxes, area, who fuging knows?

We can guess the football reasons but speculation on people's personal motivations seems very useless.

4 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

No chance, none of the Florida teams make any sense.

Dolphins have Tyreek and Waddle, Bucs have Evans and Godwin, Jags have Ridley and Kirk.

I think most likely situation is that he signs a cheap 1 year deal with KC to try and win a SB with Mahomes and then goes for a bigger contract next summer.  At which point, if Bryce has a good rookie season, we would make a lot of sense for him to come back home and take Chark's roster spot.

• Beer 1

54 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

He doesn’t want to play with a rookie qb he just stated that in a recent podcast with B Marshall no way he doesn’t goto a perennial contender. 

Until we offer him the most money.

Talk is cheap this will be about the most money this is likely his last big contract and he has 10 kids to feed!

If we overpay I think he would come here.

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'd love to have Nuke but before we go there we need to get a edge. That's a bigger hole right now I think. If we can get a Floyd or Houston and Nuke, I'd be really happy but I don't see it happening unfortunately. 

I want to go all in on supporting our young QB that we've mortgaged the future of the franchise in the near to mid-term to trade up to get.

It's not just about trying to compete this year IMO.

• Beer 1