• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deandre Hopkins is a FA

Seltzer

3 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

You need to research the Tyreek Hill trade. He preferred to go to Miami instead of Jets because same salary he would have paid 2.7 million in state tax in NY, none in Florida. I agree it probably is not the deciding factor, but it could matter to some. 

Yea, but Tyreek was very clear that he was looking to be the unquestioned #1 option on a team (which he wouldn't be with Kelce in KC) and that he was looking for the max money he could get.

Hopkins was saying that he'd take a pay cut if he was traded to a contender, I don't think he's looking to squeeze out every penny possible.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Was just listening to Sirius NFL radio while in my car.  Moving the Chains with Jim Miller and Pat Kirwin.  A Panther fan called in and of course wanted DHop and asked if they thought the Panthers had the money to get him.  Jim and Pat said that DHop is not interested in raising another young QB.  But, Jim also said that the Panthers do not need him.  They love the Panther WR room.  They have been rating different position groups on each team  and next week it will be WRs.  Jim told the caller that he would be really surprised when he hears their rating/eval.  Jim loves Mingo.  Jim said the Panthers ahve realy set Bryce up well.

If everything, and I literally mean EVERYTHING, goes right with our WRs this year, then yea, we'll have a really good WR room.

If Chark can stay fully healthy for 17 games and finds his form, he can be a borderline #1 option.  Thielen is still an elite check down option and as a #3 in the slot can be one of the more effective safety valves in the league.  Then if TMJ and Bingo play up to their max potential this year, that's a solid top 4 with gadget weapons with Laviska and Byrd as our 5th and 6th WRs.

But any injuries or players not living up to their potential, and it could be a disastrous unit.

We may not have the top end elite WRs, but our 3-6 WRs might be some of the best in the league if things work out this year.  And in an offense that should have a good run game and this next level brain in Bryce, it could work.

Having said all that, I'll still take Hopkins in a heartbeat, less for this year, more for next year.  Give him a year to help Bryce grow, if TMJ and/or Mingo breakout, we could be legit SB contenders in 2024 with Bryce in his second year and a Top 4 of Hopkins, TMJ, Mingo, Thielen.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

You need to research the Tyreek Hill trade. He preferred to go to Miami instead of Jets because same salary he would have paid 2.7 million in state tax in NY, none in Florida. I agree it probably is not the deciding factor, but it could matter to some. 

The key there being "some." It's just as pointless a discussion as "this area is better than that area." 

Not necessarily a need. He’d take snaps away from Mingo/TMJ. Let alone what I think is in store for laviska. I think we honestly have the “best” 5 wr room in the nfl. It’s very not top heavy but if Chark is profiling as our 4 and Laviska as 5, not many teams have that much deep quality. The only thing I’d “ask” for would be a pure small speed guy, which seems to be Byrds destiny. (Sorry Shi).

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Mingo been getting way too much hype lately. Dude must be the real deal if word is already spreading that the Panthers like him.

We might have just drafted the next AJ Brown!

I hope Young and Mingo become our future offense cornerstones!

• Beer 1

Kansas City is most likely his best situation he can be the #1 WR while having Kelce help take away some of his double teams. He is also playing with the best QB in the league.

Seems like a no brainer.

My gut tells me he's going to the highest bidder whoever that is. Dude has like 10 kids if im not mistaken.