• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is the obsession of loud music in your car?

CamWhoaaCam

Obviously I was once a teenager and I used to listen to loud music in the car, but I have noticed that most of these loud thumping cars/trucks are grown adults.

What gets me is when they pull up to a red light in traffic and just force everyone else to listen to that loud trunk rattling sound.smh

Is loud music still cool for adults?

7 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

They think it makes them look cool.

Yeah it was cool 18-23 year old range. If you older than that and still blasting loud music you look kind of goofy imo.

Had a dude in the drive thru who thought it was cool to turn up his music while waiting for his food. Speakers so loud I thought my windows were about to break.smh

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah it was cool 18-23 year old range. If you older than that and still blasting loud music you look kind of goofy imo.

Had a dude in the drive thru who thought it was cool to turn up his music while waiting for his food. Speakers so loud I thought my windows were about to break.smh

Those same 5-10 guys who thought it was cool in high school are the the 5-10 guys who do it in their 30-40s. I miss crazy bass though. 10th and 11th grade was like 1992 or something for me. Bass competitions were HUGE. All the rage. I lived in Jackson, Mississippi and went to an all black high school. Dudes were so damn proud of their systems and who had the best one. One dude, Frank, wore air traffic controller noise cancelling headphones while driving because his bass was so loud lol. Fun fun times.

I don't know what the all white school equalent would've been. Hmm ... whoever had the best Italian loafers? Fishing rod? Whose daddy was richest?

16 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Those same 5-10 guys who thought it was cool in high school are the the 5-10 guys who do it in their 30-40s. I miss crazy bass though. 10th and 11th grade was like 1992 or something for me. Bass competitions were HUGE. All the rage. I lived in Jackson, Mississippi and went to an all black high school. Dudes were so damn proud of their systems and who had the best one. One dude, Frank, wore air traffic controller noise cancelling headphones while driving because his bass was so loud lol. Fun fun times.

I don't know what the all white school equalent would've been. Hmm ... whoever had the best Italian loafers? Fishing rod? Whose daddy was richest?

Yeah not sure why you involved race for. Im talking all races.

I firmly believe it is some form of perceived display of dominance.

Rolling coal, thunderously loud motorcycles, huge pick-up trucks that serve no practical purpose in your life, passive aggressive political stickers, truck nuts, unignorable loud music.

All tiny penis moves

Edited by Cullenator
  • Flames 1

10 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah not sure why you involved race for. Im talking all races.

I was talking my experience in the bass culture I grew up in. When I went to Myers Park in CLT for 12th grade kids blared metal and techno if that makes you less uncomfortable.

I hate it too but tbh I listen to my music really loudly too and I'm sure I didn't realize that others can hear.

I sometimes listen to really embarrassing music loudly too which makes it even more embarrassing.

I’ve just always been into high, Fidelity audio, and I’ve installed many systems in my cars over the years. Nowadays, it’s difficult to do that stuff with new cars. But I made sure that my old Porsche could really blast the tunes even though I’d rather listen to the engine behind me.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

I’ve just always been into high, Fidelity audio, and I’ve installed many systems in my cars over the years. Nowadays, it’s difficult to do that stuff with new cars. But I made sure that my old Porsche could really blast the tunes even though I’d rather listen to the engine behind me.

You like damaging your eardrums?

I mean I use to listen to loud music in my earlier years, but after you hit your 30's it's time to let that stuff go imo.