• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL insider: Brian Burns' extension could be close to Myles Garrett's deal

Just now, Gerry Green said:

I'm too excited for the season to put up with this negativity. You guys can dis on Burns to your hearts content. 

Peace out.

Exactly, you have nothing other than he is one of the Panthers best players. He was the 7th highest graded player by PFF on our D last season. 

Its not negative to point out a players strengths and weaknesses. The good news is we have an actual NFL coaching staff who should put our players in the best spots to succeed. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

You do realize that the way teams tend to play the best Dlineman? Run at him. Dang, I would  have thought you of all ppl would know that.

Burns has never had a running mate. Yet he is still one of the best Edges in the game. That seems like an accomplishment to me.

But I'm a blue goggles wearing Panther fan. So, I don't know nothing.

Burns had a running mate who outshined him the whole season. Reddick sacks that season where accomplished through grit and grind. A lot of Burns sacks that year was coming off the line untouched. A sack is a sack but to have 9 sacks and 3-4 come from assignment break downs isn't top-tier production.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, ThaGamezOva said:

Burns had a running mate who outshined him the whole season. Reddick sacks that season where accomplished through grit and grind. A lot of Burns sacks that year was coming off the line untouched. A sack is a sack but to have 9 sacks and 3-4 come from assignment break downs isn't top-tier production.

You can tell who watches other football games and who only watches Panther games.

You would think Burns was taking over games when in reality he has never done that. 

• Pie 4

38 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Nah this is a young top 10 pass rusher. The most important position on defense. This is like the QB position on defense. You don't play around with that position. If he is one of the better DE's in the league lock him up and don't think twice about it.

I just don’t see him as a top 10 DE.  Yannick is also considered a top pass rusher, and he’s still a FA because he can’t stop the run.  Burns is taken out of plays so easily, at least thus far in his career.  Even our new coaching staff has said over and over that you have to earn the right to rush the passer, and that you can only do that by setting the edge and stopping the run.  2022 Burns couldn’t do either very well.  I hope he develops into a true 3 down player who is effective in all aspects of the game.  If he does, pay him whatever he wants

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

Exactly, you have nothing other than he is one of the Panthers best players. He was the 7th highest graded player by PFF on our D last season. 

Its not negative to point out a players strengths and weaknesses. The good news is we have an actual NFL coaching staff who should put our players in the best spots to succeed. 

exactly, those dudes just dont want to hear the truth and they talk poo about us.  We have both already said we have to pay him but they fail to acknowledge that.  Fitt painted his ass into a corner and hopefully burns and his agent go easy on him.  Anything close to 30 or over would be insanity

• Pie 3

Just now, PootieNunu said:

You can tell who watches other football games and who only watches Panther games.

You would think Burns was taking over games when in reality he has never done that. 

Biggest game of his life and he shits the bed.  Heres the pff thread.  The highlights are on youtube and its him being single blocked and ran at

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Biggest game of his life and he shits the bed.  Heres the pff thread.  The highlights are on youtube and its him being single blocked and ran at

The dude literally scored lower than Sam Darnold, but he is elite? Its laughable.

The problem is when the trade offer was turned down they basically handed Burns a blank check. He will probably become the highest paid defensive player in history when he signs and that is just crazy. Fitt and co are pretty much fuged on this one. 

These same guys will be on here high-fiving and grab-assing when we give him 28-30m per. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 1

32 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

The dude literally scored lower than Sam Darnold, but he is elite? Its laughable.

The problem is when the trade offer was turned down they basically handed Burns a blank check. He will probably become the highest paid defensive player in history when he signs and that is just crazy. Fitt and co are pretty much fuged on this one. 

These same guys will be on here high-fiving and grab-assing when we give him 28-30m per. 

I hope so just to piss you off.

• Beer 1

Reddick is now regarded as the best solution to our problems but at the time when he was still here many people complained about his run defense. There is merit to some of the criticisms of Burns but this whole discussion has reached a point where some folks just clearly want him gone and want to see what our pass rush looks like. And if they got their wish they would bitch about it endlessly when we're getting carved up with little to no pressure. Our new DC Evero also might have opted to take his chances elsewhere had we decided to blow up our pass rush. You guys can't have it both ways.

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

But he has that really cool Spiderman move.

I’m convinced that stupid celebration is why he’s so popular around the league. It’s easily marketable to kids who don’t know he’s an average pass rusher they just like Spider-Man because they’re little kids 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

There is merit to some of the criticisms of Burns but this whole discussion has reached a point where some folks just clearly want him gone and want to see what our pass rush looks like.

Then there are those of us who genuinely like the guy, think he's a good player, and want him around for a fair price. I'll be happy as a clam if that happens. But I also know how this stuff works and like others have said, by passing on the massive bounty the Rams offered for him, we painted ourselves in a corner with his agent. Oh well. Seems no matter who's in charge, we seem to overpay for certain players.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2