• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL insider: Brian Burns' extension could be close to Myles Garrett's deal

13 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Elite? Elite players don’t disappear. Like Burns did multiple times last season alone. 

Peppers was elite. Thanks, come again. Bye bye now. 

Burns is either already elite, stats say so pass rushing wise or right on the cusp of it. Fits better as an edge in a 3-4 defense, finally has a dc that's going to be aggressive and out him in position as a rusher as well. 

20230528_212558.jpg

• Pie 2

29 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Elite? Elite players don’t disappear. Like Burns did multiple times last season alone. 

Burns just turned 25, and if he isn't elite now I'd bet a butt load of money he'll be largely recognized as such by the end of his next contract. 

Haason Reddick, who everybody is mad we let go (which I get) didn't enter the "elite" conversation until his age 28 season and he didn't have near the pass rush production Burns has had before then. All that to say, you pay Burns now because of what he will become. You don't let him walk and reach his full potential elsewhere.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I love how fans will argue against what the professionals say. 

Yeah, he's a fuging bum. 

I have zero interest in even taling to anybody who is so disillusioned.  

The notion that 'professionals' are always and/or automatically right is laughable. And no one is saying Burns is a bum - that is clearly not the case. Dude's a quality player. His game is just arguably not worth top dollar.

51 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Peppers disappeared all the time, as all pass rushers do. The best of the best all time average barely more than one single sack a game.  And even if you actually look past just the sack numbers, which you always should, pass rushers “disappear” all the time without any impact on the game. Peppers especially, people would say all the time he was lazy and disappeared, but no reasonable NFL spectator would argue that Peppers wasn’t elite.  I’m not saying Burns is on Peppers’ level, but he’s a lot closer than many here have the IQ to recognize. 

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Peppers disappeared all the time, as all pass rushers do. The best of the best all time average barely more than one single sack a game.  And even if you actually look past just the sack numbers, which you always should, pass rushers “disappear” all the time without any impact on the game. Peppers especially, people would say all the time he was lazy and disappeared, but no reasonable NFL spectator would argue that Peppers wasn’t elite.  I’m not saying Burns is on Peppers’ level, but he’s a lot closer than many here have the IQ to recognize. 

Burns had as many sacks against the Lions as Peppers had in all of 2007. Every DE has ups and downs but you pay your best players and keep them. It's sort of how the best teams win.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

If Burns gets a huge contract like Garrett it will largely be based on his potential. Which is unorthodox this late in his career and should be scrutinized. His Production isn't elite but everyone is waiting for the physical gifts to translate. I hope evero unlocks him. I am a fan but those picks from the rams looks juicy

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

No, it's not - every situation is different and I'm talking only about Burns/the Panthers, a team that would benefit greatly from salary cap room and extra picks by not overpaying for one-dimensional, occasionally impactful, at-their-ceiling players as they reload for this year and beyond.

Here's a hot take for you - Charles Johnson as not the athlete that Burns is, but he was absolutely a more complete player and I had no issue with his contract though many did. Dude earned his money by contributing in every situation. Turn off the Madden. This real life, bro.

Real life yet you playing Madden trying to trade our best defensive player for some future picks.smh

Bro trying to put us back in rebuild mode.lmao

Our defense is legit and has young foundation pieces. No need to trade Burns he's our best pass rusher. Without him this defense would not get pressure on the QB.

9 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Simple question. Is there any player on the team that you like?

I swear you always talking negative about everyone.smh

We need to determine what he should be paid and get it done. We let Reddick walk and got nothing. If we had kept him undoubtedly Burns would have had more sacks. We do need to solidify the rest of the line. If we are not careful he may follow Reddick out the door. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

A GM offered 2 1st round picks for this non elite player.

Either you don't know football or you just don't know football.

Which one is it?

Every one talks about the Rams offering (2) 1st round picks, but Rams didn’t have 1st picks to offer! They won’t have a 1st round pick until 2024. So the first round picks the rams was offering would have been the 2024 1st round pick and 2025 1st round pick.