• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL insider: Brian Burns' extension could be close to Myles Garrett's deal

14 minutes ago, razorwolf said:

Every one talks about the Rams offering (2) 1st round picks, but Rams didn’t have 1st picks to offer! They won’t have a 1st round pick until 2024. So the first round picks the rams was offering would have been the 2024 1st round pick and 2025 1st round pick.

So in other words they still offered 2 1st round picks...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, KSpan said:

The notion that 'professionals' are always and/or automatically right is laughable. And no one is saying Burns is a bum - that is clearly not the case. Dude's a quality player. His game is just arguably not worth top dollar.

Sit back and see, but I'd be willing to be he gets paid more than you think he's worth. And whether or not you agree with the experts on his worth, it's simple economics. Premium pass rushers (which he is) get paid. 

Sorry you don't like it. 

10 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Elite? Elite players don’t disappear. Like Burns did multiple times last season alone. 

Matt you have some weird fascination with elite players. Canes players aren’t elite. THEY SUCK!!! Burns isn’t elite. THEY SUCK! 

Smitty was elite as elite gets and I can find you games that he didn’t have a single catch. Luke was elite, he had games they he didn’t play well. Peppers, they same. Hell I’ve seen Brady and Mahomes have bad stretches. 

by your standards everyone should be elite or they suck. 

I don’t think you know sports at all. I think you show up here just to post negative crap to get people worked up. How have they not banned you yet? 

8 hours ago, RJK said:

If Burns gets a huge contract like Garrett it will largely be based on his potential. Which is unorthodox this late in his career and should be scrutinized. His Production isn't elite but everyone is waiting for the physical gifts to translate. I hope evero unlocks him. I am a fan but those picks from the rams looks juicy

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, RJK said:

If Burns gets a huge contract like Garrett it will largely be based on his potential. Which is unorthodox this late in his career and should be scrutinized. His Production isn't elite but everyone is waiting for the physical gifts to translate. I hope evero unlocks him. I am a fan but those picks from the rams looks juicy

Late? He turned 25 last month.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

7 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Sit back and see, but I'd be willing to be he gets paid more than you think he's worth. And whether or not you agree with the experts on his worth, it's simple economics. Premium pass rushers (which he is) get paid. 

Sorry you don't like it. 

Yes, I've stated I don't think his on-field impact is worth what he will get and yes, that opinion implicitly accounts for the forces driving said potential price. You don't seem to have a point here.

• Pie 1

You can't consider the Rams picks in a vacuum. Let's say Burns puts up absolutely monster stats lined up next to Aaron Donald, his presence and the front office's demonstrated commitment to go all-in galvanizes the team and they pull off a few wins and challenge the Seahawks for that last wildcard spot. And having lost their 1sts for the next couple years, the rebuild is put on hold and they become big players in free agency, combined with Stafford's resurgence, extending their window for relevancy in an otherwise weak NFC an extra year or two. Maybe nothing remotely close to that materializes but assuming the team will be exactly the same as they are now is similarly improbable.

• Pie 2