• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanley Cup Thread. Vegas vs Florida

On 6/2/2023 at 7:37 PM, WelshPanther said:

Yeah I would definitely would have rooted for them. Not sure I can even watch it.

Yes I’m still not over it.

You’re not the only one. The season ended for me when it ended for the Canes.  Hope it’s a good series for the peeps watching it though!

Edited by TheCandyMan

2 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

If we had of made it I don’t know if we would have faired better. 
Vegas look like the much better team. 

We did not match up well against Vegas this year so sadly you may be right. That said I think if we had gotten to the cup we would have won it. 

There’s something to be said about big, heavy, and physical players that skate like the wind.

Vegas has the fourth tallest (inches) and the third heaviest (lbs.) team in the league and nearly all of their guys are above average skaters.

While the Canes pride themselves in having a good skating team, they need to also get bigger and heavier.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 3

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

There’s something to be said about big, heavy, and physical players that skate like the wind.

Vegas has the fourth tallest (inches) and the third heaviest (lbs.) team in the league and nearly all of their guys are above average skaters.

While the Canes pride themselves in having a good skating team, they need to also get bigger and heavier.

This.

Florida tried to come out physical and it worked.... for about 12 minutes. During a first period play in front of the net, when Sam Bennett got behind Vegas goalie Hill and cross-checked him from behind and the first scrum of the game occurred, which included Hill throwing a blocker punch, it took a couple minutes, but Vegas decided they weren't going to get pushed around.

That being said, Bruce Cassidy (Vegas coach) is a dick; Cheapshot Tkachuk and Bennett were the asshats everyone expected them to be and Bob is human.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

How good is their goalie? Because this team seemed to have no problem against okay goalies before Florida.

Which one? No idea who’s even in net for them. They had like 5 goalies in the regular season. 

Edited by Harbingers

20 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

You are correct. Being a physical team certainly has its advantages, something the canes need to try up grading..

• Pie 2

55 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

You are correct. Being a physical team certainly has its advantages, something the canes need to try up grading..

Waddell has said Canes need to get a little heavier.  Yet we just signed signed our 5’8” 175 lb draft pic haha. He can skate and score though.

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, toldozer said:

I don't think the NHL is happy at all about this match up.  They wouldn't have been happy with the canes either.  Nhl doesn't get viewers anyway but their numbers are gonna be worse then the scripps spelling bee

I haven't heard otherwise, but Bettman likes small market teams, alot more than his counterparts in the NFL and NBA 

Look at how hard they fought to keep Pheonix, when they could make a whole lot more money with the Quebec Coytes,and he has already gave Raleigh an all-star game, while Rodger Goodell doesn't even acknowledge Charlotte exists