• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OTAs

poundaway

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

They said he's going to be getting the most reps and he has and no one is talking about him being anything but the starter. Players and coaches have been pretty open about it. He's the guy. They haven't danced around it in the last 2 weeks and even then no one was buying it

Yeah, you don't make a huge trade up to #1 to draft a QB to have him sit and wait his turn behind a washed up vet. Dalton was signed as a vet mentor and a guy who could hold down the fort briefly if the rookie wasn't ready week one. When we signed Dalton, it seemed like we were gunning for the #3 spot, not #1. We only shifted focus to #1 when we figured out that the cost differential wasn't gonna be that much. Richardson would've likely been the guy at #3 so we had to have a vet onboard to ensure we weren't forced to play AR before he was truly ready.

But with Young, those concerns are out the window. The guy is ready. We'll see how the physical tools translate to the NFL but there are zero concerns with him being mentally ready.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, you don't make a huge trade up to #1 to draft a QB to have him sit and wait his turn behind a washed up vet. Dalton was signed as a vet mentor and a guy who could hold down the fort briefly if the rookie wasn't ready week one. When we signed Dalton, it seemed like we were gunning for the #3 spot, not #1. We only shifted focus to #1 when we figured out that the cost differential wasn't gonna be that much. Richardson would've likely been the guy at #3 so we had to have a vet onboard to ensure we weren't forced to play AR before he was truly ready.

But with Young, those concerns are out the window. The guy is ready. We'll see how the physical tools translate to the NFL but there are zero concerns with him being mentally ready.

I agree with everything said here but one small correction, we traded for the #1 pick on March 10th and Dalton was signed on March 14th. So I’m sure by the time Dalton was signed, he knew what the deal was and they had been in talks for the #1 pick well before then. 

This is part of the reason I can’t wait for the behind the scenes video to drop this year. So many interesting things happened this off-season that I wanna know more about. 

• Pie 2

23 hours ago, rayzor said:

So why the hell do we need a QB that can throw the ball 70 yards when it's not done by anyone in games?

Cannon for an arm is such an overrated trait. I'll take ball placement and touch over that poo any day. So much more important.

My biggest take away from all the videos lately? The lack of drops. I can only recall one so far. The kid just places the ball so well. The more I watch the better I feel. Or should I say the more excited I get?

• The D 1

23 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Just how they are dancing around not not committing to giving our young prodigy the reps during camp.(mind you I haven’t really paid attention since just after the draft as the canes were playoffing until last week so if the coaches have said otherwise I missed it). I worry about daltons ability to stay healthy. I really think Young is a first year into the fire QB and I don’t want to see us dancing around the subject. Like I said there is a good chance I missed something. Just can’t shake that feeling. 

Bro, that’s just coach-speak and media lip service. They wanna make Bryce “earn it”. There are zero scenarios, barring injury, where anybody but Young is QB1, Week 1. 

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

My biggest take away from all the videos lately? The lack of drops. I can only recall one so far. The kid just places the ball so well. The more I watch the better I feel. Or should I say the more excited I get?

He throws a very catchable ball and it reminds me off 

🧻🧻🧻

• Beer 3
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

On 6/4/2023 at 12:36 AM, Mother Grabber said:

it feels like it hasn’t even happened yet

Two Super Bowl appearances within the first twenty-five years of a team's existence is way better than a lot of teams.

Consistency is kind of an issue though.

• Pie 1