• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Finals discussion thread

CamWhoaaCam

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I highly doubt their fans booing every call had anything to do with their turn around in this game. They were the best team in the NBA all year and are playing a Heat team, while well coached, massively overachieved.

So in other words you hate Denver fans.

They had the best record in basketall. Obviously the fans played some part in that success.

10 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So in other words you hate Denver fans.

They had the best record in basketall. Obviously the fans played some part in that success.

I don’t hate Denver fans nor did I imply as much. I stated that their fans were very whiny tonight and that I prefer an educated fanbase over a whiny or downright bitchy fanbase.

And fans play a minimal part in the success of a team. They’ll give a player an extra boost at times but over the course of a game the better team is going to win. If the decibel level of a fanbase was really that integral to a teams’ success then Miami wouldn’t be here because they’ve played the majority of their games on the road.

Off camera the majority of athletes will tell you that fan noise is not a factor in their performance. In fact, it’s more likely to influence officiating than the actual players. These athletes have been playing in front of crowds since they were in HS/College, at this point they aren’t going to be affected by boos. Now cheers may give a home team some temporary added energy but over the course of a full game, the home team tires out just like the away team.

42 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I don’t hate Denver fans nor did I imply as much. I stated that their fans were very whiny tonight and that I prefer an educated fanbase over a whiny or downright bitchy fanbase.

And fans play a minimal part in the success of a team. They’ll give a player an extra boost at times but over the course of a game the better team is going to win. If the decibel level of a fanbase was really that integral to a teams’ success then Miami wouldn’t be here because they’ve played the majority of their games on the road.

Off camera the majority of athletes will tell you that fan noise is not a factor in their performance. In fact, it’s more likely to influence officiating than the actual players. These athletes have been playing in front of crowds since they were in HS/College, at this point they aren’t going to be affected by boos. Now cheers may give a home team some temporary added energy but over the course of a full game, the home team tires out just like the away team.

WTF is an educated fanbase?

Dude people go to the games to cheer for their team. What does being educated have to do with a sports game?

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

WTF is an educated fanbase?

Dude people go to the games to cheer for their team. What does being educated have to do with a sports game?

It’s in plain writing and it’s a common term used by announcers, no reason to get riled up over a term you aren’t familiar with.

In reality, an educated fan or fanbase knows exactly what’s going on during the game and that extends to the officiating.

An educated fan base isn’t going to scream during their own team’s free throws (self-explanatory), an educated fan base isn’t going to cheer when their team has the ball (football), an educated fan base isn’t going to boo every call (because some of them are valid), do I need to keep going?

The Denver fans were literally booing legitimate fouls a minute into the game and I’d personally categorize that as obnoxious. You can be a fan of your team without being an annoying homer, the two aren’t mutually exclusive.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

12 hours ago, toldozer said:

Talent is not even on par with a healthy hornets roster prior to bridges being a buffoon.

The Hornets could have the NBA All Star roster and it wouldn't matter because Steve Clifford would find a way to F it all up and lead them to 38 wins.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

It’s in plain writing and it’s a common term used by announcers, no reason to get riled up over a term you aren’t familiar with.

In reality, an educated fan or fanbase knows exactly what’s going on during the game and that extends to the officiating.

An educated fan base isn’t going to scream during their own team’s free throws (self-explanatory), an educated fan base isn’t going to cheer when their team has the ball (football), an educated fan base isn’t going to boo every call (because some of them are valid), do I need to keep going?

The Denver fans were literally booing legitimate fouls a minute into the game and I’d personally categorize that as obnoxious. You can be a fan of your team without being an annoying homer, the two aren’t mutually exclusive.

My man sports is entertainment. If you expecting fans to be on their best behavior and follow the rules you are sadly mistaken yourself.

Fans boo the refs in all sports. This is nothing new.

12 minutes ago, JVic said:

The Hornets could have the NBA All Star roster and it wouldn't matter because Steve Clifford would find a way to F it all up and lead them to 38 wins.

Im still shocked we haven't fired him. If we draft Scoot we need to play a much faster pace. Hiring someone like Dantoni would make a lot more sense than Clifford imo.

Spoelstra has managed to take Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo, old ass Kyle Lowry and Kevin Love, and a bunch of undrafted guys, and turn them into a very competitive team.

There’s something to be said about having a team that has no egos and shares the ball, works hard, and buys in.

The bottom line is the Heat shouldn’t be here, yet, here they are.

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

My man sports is entertainment. If you expecting fans to be on their best behavior and follow the rules you are sadly mistaken yourself.

Fans boo the refs in all sports. This is nothing new.

It has nothing to do with behavior and more about understanding the aspects of the game. But some people have more money than common sports sense.

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im still shocked we haven't fired him. If we draft Scoot we need to play a much faster pace. Hiring someone like Dantoni would make a lot more sense than Clifford imo.

ABC.  Anyone But Clifford.

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

Spoelstra has managed to take Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo, old ass Kyle Lowry and Kevin Love, and a bunch of undrafted guys, and turn them into a very competitive team.

There’s something to be said about having a team that has no egos and shares the ball, works hard, and buys in.

The bottom line is the Heat shouldn’t be here, yet, here they are.

You keep downplaying the Heat.

They were in the Finals just 2 years ago my man. It doesn't matter if they don't have big names. They play some of the best team basketball in the league. That's why they are here once again.

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He’s not going to be fired, it was reported back in April that he was expected to be back for the 23 season. Anyone expecting a coach other than Clifford for next season is sadly living on a prayer.

10 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

He’s not going to be fired, it was reported back in April that he was expected to be back for the 23 season. Anyone expecting a coach other than Clifford for next season is sadly living on a prayer.

I don't think anyone is expecting Clifford to be fired.  But I also think that means there isn't anyone who is expecting us to be competitive either.  

10 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You keep downplaying the Heat.

They were in the Finals just 2 years ago my man. It doesn't matter if they don't have big names. They play some of the best team basketball in the league. That's why they are here once again.

Lots of inaccuracies here.

I haven’t downplayed the Heat at all. On the contrary I’m the one that stated that people shouldn’t be underestimating a Spoelstra coached team. I believe you were the one that picked the Nuggets in six???

I live in Florida and have probably seen more Heat games this year than everyone in this thread combined, I know fully what they are capable of. However, I also know that in today’s NBA, a team that consists of Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo, and a bunch of undrafted free agents shouldn’t be in the NBA Finals. But in the post you quoted, I also noted that there’s something to be said about having a team that has no egos and shares the ball, works hard, and buys in.

Also, the Heat were in the finals three years ago, not two, and they had much better depth along with a healthy Tyler Herro.

No matter how intelligent of a fan you think you are, everyone should be astonished that a team with Cody Zeller coming off the bench is in the NBA Finals and hanging tough. What the Heat are doing is historical.