• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At this point in time, who feels like we lost this trade?

4 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

I believe that drafting Mingo did a lot to offset the loss of DJ Moore.  Moreover, I predict the overall productivity gain of Mingo+DJ Chaulk (the new DJ)+Theilen+Damiere Byrd  >>> Loss of DJ Moore. 
So we basically got our franchise QB for a 1st rounder next year and a 2nd rounder in 2 years.  I would take that trade in a heartbeat.

If the Mingo pick pans out it'll do a lot to take the sting off of losing DJ.

• Pie 2

I don’t understand how we can win or lose a trade before any games are played. This is the time of year where everyone says everything is going perfect with their teams or looking up and all things are going well. Wait until bullets are flying. How can we even tell today if we will miss our first round pick next year? Right now we are happy with the trade and they are happy with the trade. Hopefully it works out for both teams. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

19 hours ago, therealmjl said:

It never once bothered me that we traded away DJ Moore. I’m only bringing him up because most all the pundits were using him as the reason we lost the trade. I never understood it, he’s a good wide receiver but he is (and was) replaceable.

Great player and person, just couldn't find the end zone often enough me

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, Tomcatn said:

Great player and person, just couldn't find the end zone often enough me

Thats not his fault.  For what he is and what he gives you his contract is very very team friendly.  I gave fitts props for that at the time.  Hate to lose him but if it leads to a franchise qb, well then good luck in chi town dj.

• Beer 1

Trying to determine who won the trade right now is like trying to figure out if the stock you just bought was a good deal, even though the market hasn't opened since you bought it.

From the limited perspective of getting a good deal for the #1 overall pick, I think we can declare it a win.  I think da Bears can probably say the same thing since they were starved for WRs.  Both teams got what they wanted.

But there is a lot of football between now and a sweeping declaration of victory or defeat for either team.

• Pie 1

54 minutes ago, countryboi said:

This is not a zero sum game, its doesn't have to be a clear winner or loser. The Panthers feel great about what they got and the Bears do too. 

Excellent perspective. We both got what we wanted/needed out if the deal . That's the way all deals should be

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, panfanman said:

Until he has led us to 6 or 7 division championship, a handful of conference championship appearances, and a Superbowl appearance or 2. . .we lost in that trade.

Yeah - Cause DJ Moore obviously led us to so many division titles and scored countless touchdowns.  

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, panfanman said:

Until he has led us to 6 or 7 division championship, a handful of conference championship appearances, and a Superbowl appearance or 2. . .we lost in that trade.

You expect all of that from a first round pick, two 2nds, and a half a little piece of WR?

What fuging players would you have projected us to pick with said picks? And I guess DJ was about to become the second coming of Jerry fuging Rice?  GTFOH. 

Some of you fugs act like we dont have a 1st found pick for the next 10 years. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, panfanman said:

For Real Seriously GIF by Harlem

Ladies and gentlemen....what we have right here is the pointy elbows guy.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1