• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At this point in time, who feels like we lost this trade?

16 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Posting this in early June is as smart as the guy who did the "We Already Won The Darnold Trade" thread after Week 2 of 2021.

This isn’t a thread stating we know how this would pan out. It’s a question about how you “feel”. It’s a slow time of the season and this is a discussion board. I’m not here saying we can tell the results of the trade before Young has even played a snap. We had a ton of debate before the draft on the cost of the trade, so it’s a good time to revisit this discussion after we have made FA moves and finished up with the draft.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im with you on this one. Peak offseason material.

Jump Out Of Car GIFs | Tenor

Again, This isn’t a thread stating we know how this would pan out. It’s a question about how you “feel”. It’s a slow time of the season and this is a discussion board. I’m not here saying we can tell the results of the trade before Young has even played a snap. We had a ton of debate before the draft on the cost of the trade, so it’s a good time to revisit this discussion after we have made FA moves and finished up with the draft. This thread is asking about how you feel about the state of the team vs what we gave up to transform our offense. 

Edited by WarPanthers89

2 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Again, This isn’t a thread stating we know how this would pan out. It’s a question about how you “feel”. It’s a slow time of the season and this is a discussion board. I’m not here saying we can tell the results of the trade before Young has even played a snap. We had a ton of debate before the draft on the cost of the trade, so it’s a good time to revisit this discussion after we have made FA moves and finished up with the draft. This thread is asking about how you feel about the state of the team vs what we gave up to transform our offense. 

I feel great about this team. I feel great about Bryce Young.

I have us winning the NFC South this year. Bryce Young will establish himself as a top 3 QB in the NFC by the end of the season.

My expectations are realistic because the QB's in the NFC just aren't that great. Hurts/Stafford/Dak/Cousins are his competition. Do you honestly fear any of those QB's besides Hurts?

Bryce Young is HIM. Embrace him.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, rayzor said:

You might have intended for it to be, but nothing I said wasn't true.

Those few of you who have been doubting Young the whole time will likely continue to do it and just like y'all have been doing you'll ignore the good things he's doing and key in on the very few mistakes and point to those as proof it was a bad decision.

I've been around long enough to know how it works, the tendencies people have. You don't think it's a fair assessment of you, prove me wrong. Prove you have more to say about him than negative poo and "concerns".

Or don't.

I Dont Really Care Season 3 GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

Can you get off my ass please?

6 hours ago, panfanman said:

Until he has led us to 6 or 7 division championship, a handful of conference championship appearances, and a Superbowl appearance or 2. . .we lost in that trade.

So who was gonna do this? The #9 pick this year, or the guy next year? Or a 2nd rd guy?

• Pie 1

On 6/3/2023 at 7:40 PM, WarPanthers89 said:

Boring time of the year, so this is a post to hear people opinions. Do you feel like we lost this trade/made the wrong decision, or do you feel we made the right decision making the trade?

THE TRADE:

The full package of assets sent to Chicago reads like a shopping list: the ninth-overall pick this year, a second-round selection in 2023 (No. 61 overall originally from the 49ers), a first-round pick in 2024, a second-round pick in 2025, and Moore, a receiver who just completed the first year of a three-year, $61.88 million contract with the Panthers.

At this point we will miss DJ Moore, a future first in 2024, and a 2nd in 2025.

Projected starters on offense going into 2023:

QB: Bryce Young

RB: Miles Sanders, Hubbard

WR: Thielen, DJ Chark, Marshall JR, Mingo, Laviska, Damiere Byrd

TE: Hurst, Thomas, Tremble

LT: Icky

LG: Brady C

Center: Bozeman 

RG: Corbett (when healthy)

RT: Moton

IMG_0725.jpeg

I’d say compared to what the Niners gave the Phins to move up to 3 for Lance and other similar deals it was a great trade for us. We gave up a 1, two 2’s, and a borderline number 1 WR that yes has potential to be better with better QB play than he got here but let’s not act like we gave up Davante Adams or Tyreek Hill.  The number 9 pick was a swap for the number 1 so I don’t consider that giving them an extra 1st rder, semantics but annoys the piss out of me when the nfl “analysts” don’t make that distinction.

Any high pick  QB in the draft or big money free agent QB( ie Russel Wilson) comes with risk. Aaron Rodgers to the Jets has a BIG chance of getting that whole front office and staff fired with one injury. Any QB taken in the top ten generally gets 3 years minimum to pan out. Im not a college football fan but everything I’m seeing from Bryce looks like he’s special. IF it doesn’t pan out we’re back to our full complement of picks by the time that 3 years is up and I like that they staggered the picks so it’s not like we don’t have ammunition to add WR’s for him. I personally think between TMJ, Mingo, and even Chark( some freak injury stuff but he’s shown elite ability with lesser tier QBs) someone is going to breakout.
 It helps that we seem to have staff that will actually scheme our weapons open…I know something Carolina fans aren’t used to seeing but seems to work great for the Andy Reid’s, Sean Payton’s and Mcveigh’s of the league. 

Time will tell but I’m jacked that we swung for the fences here…I think we’re taking the division this year. I’m not afraid of any Bowles or Dennis Allen led team. I think Atlanta will be biggest competition but will run into the same problem we did trying to go with big, slow wrs except they’ve got Ridder instead of Cam.
 I get you’re just making conversation so no worries there man. The folks acting like we got fleeced like Ditka for Ricky Williams need to stop snorting lines with their espresso ha

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

This isn’t a thread stating we know how this would pan out. It’s a question about how you “feel”. It’s a slow time of the season and this is a discussion board. I’m not here saying we can tell the results of the trade before Young has even played a snap. We had a ton of debate before the draft on the cost of the trade, so it’s a good time to revisit this discussion after we have made FA moves and finished up with the draft.

It basically boils down to how you feel about Bryce Young. If you think he has the ability to be a franchise QB then no, you don't feel like we "lost" this trade. If you don't then yeah, you feel like we go straight up fleeced.

Personally, I like Young as a QB. I think he has everything you need to be successful at QB in the NFL. My only concern is if his body can hold up to the physical toll of playing NFL football. Time will tell.

Either way, it is WAY too early to determine if anyone won or lost this trade and I think both fanbases have plenty to be hopeful about based on the outcomes of this trade so far. We'll see how it plays out on the field now. It might be a decade before we know who "won".

• Pie 1

52 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Even if we end up losing this trade it was still the right time to make a gamble like this for the price. It’s not every year the #1 pick is even available especially in one with decent QB prospects. 

Agreed. At some point you have to shoot your shot. I was an advocate of sitting at #9 and taking Anthony Richardson. That was clearly never an option after watching how the draft played out. We correctly calculated that we were simply too low on the board at #9.

17 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Trying to determine who won the trade right now is like trying to figure out if the stock you just bought was a good deal, even though the market hasn't opened since you bought it.

From the limited perspective of getting a good deal for the #1 overall pick, I think we can declare it a win.  I think da Bears can probably say the same thing since they were starved for WRs.  Both teams got what they wanted.

But there is a lot of football between now and a sweeping declaration of victory or defeat for either team.

Pretty much, though I've been told it's cowardice to not say that you know exactly how everything's going to play out right now 😆

Edited by Mr. Scot