• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At this point in time, who feels like we lost this trade?

3 hours ago, poundaway said:

Yup.  BR's staff never liked Young. 

When Young takes off, and Fields continues to flounder, Bears fans are going to be crying in their beers.

Maybe it's changed but I thought BR's sole criterion to write for them was an internet connection.

If it doesn't work out, the franchise is screwed for years. That might qualify something as a mistake.

It is funny though, maybe someone has a horseshoe somewhere, and they miss on the sure thing everyone thinks this guy is but hit on last year's 3rd. 

That takes luck. Luck has not been big on hanging out with black cats.

Edited by stratocatter

It will take 2-3 years to see who won the trade. Personally, I am happy with it because I thought this QB class was just average. I am sorry but Young also wouldn't have been my choice if we had to keep and take a QB with the 1st pick. His size is just a major red flag for me. There has never been a QB his size to win a SB. Not saying he won't, just has never happened. I also wouldn't have been happy with already giving up on Fields. He still has to prove he can be a franchise QB. If he doesn't, Poles gave the team options with an additional first in what is expected to be a much better QB class in 24.

You can tell people are desperate around here. There is no way to know, on either side of the coin. Most people are slobbering all over Young for every step he takes in BoA yet he has done nothing thus far. He also hasn't done anything wrong. I'd think people need to temper their expectations because at this point it's like people are expecting Drew Brees type numbers in Year 1 (and Brees played like ass outdoors). If he doesn't live up to the hype, but it still good enough, people will be back to their poo storm here.

What goes up must come down. Manage your expectations people. 

• Poo 1

22 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

You can tell people are desperate around here. There is no way to know, on either side of the coin. Most people are slobbering all over Young for every step he takes in BoA yet he has done nothing thus far. He also hasn't done anything wrong. I'd think people need to temper their expectations because at this point it's like people are expecting Drew Brees type numbers in Year 1 (and Brees played like ass outdoors). If he doesn't live up to the hype, but it still good enough, people will be back to their poo storm here.

Not everyone is miserable like you.

We finally got a franchise QB and you trying to poo poo on the kid every chance you get. We are excited for a new staff and a new QB. You seem to be stuck in the past.

I can't wait till we start playing games. All that Bryce negativity will stop when he's putting points on the board. Until then keep being toxic.

Edited by CamWhoaaCam
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

There are 2 things I hate in this world. Guest Hosts on Johnny Carson, and fans who tell other fans to "Temper their Expectations". 

You can "Temper your Expectations" til you're blue in the face. Nobody cares. But you can pound sand if you think you can tell me I need to "Manage my Expectations".

Ah the interwebz. How entertaining thou art.

I think so too.

There don't seem to be any questions or much doubt about his understanding the NFL version of his job on the mental side which is where the holdup usually is. 

The physical side: arm strength, athleticism, foot speed against NFL defender foot speed is about as good as it will ever be right now. We'll how it plays.