• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm goin to DisneyWorld!

cookinwithgas

Man I love that place, would go every year if I could...and would stay for longer than 4 days. Unfortunately it's "too expensive." :(

Anyway, as far as tips go, remember that FastPass is your best friend. Seriously. There's a lot to do (especially at EPCOT), and you don't want to wait in line for 60 minutes just to ride test track; unless you're getting there REALLY early (as in, right when it opens), you're better off getting a fastpass, doing something else that has less of a line, then going back to the ride. I'm specifically thinking of MGM Studios here because EPCOT is more of a cultural center than a theme park--Tower of Terror and that Rockin' Roller Coaster at MGM are always packed.

Of course, I've never been in December so I don't know about the crowd situation this time of year, but I can't imagine it would be very different.

Oh, and if you do go to EPCOT, stay away from the spaceship ride (not the big ball, the one best Test Track), unless you a) have taken about sixteen pills of dramamine or B) wish to develop a crippling case of claustrophobia.

Which hotel you staying at?

If you actually like rides, make sure you spend a day on the Universal property. Less atmosphere and smaller parks but Islands of Adventure is probably the best park for rides in Orlando plus the MiB, Simpsons, and Rock-it rides over in Universal are pretty good too.

My parents live in the Orlando area now and I went down there in September on a Saturday and my friend and I got there a little after opening and did all the good stuff in those two parks and were done by about 3 in the afternoon so you can squeeze Universal in in less than a day.

Man I love that place, would go every year if I could...and would stay for longer than 4 days. Unfortunately it's "too expensive." :(

Anyway, as far as tips go, remember that FastPass is your best friend. Seriously. There's a lot to do (especially at EPCOT), and you don't want to wait in line for 60 minutes just to ride test track; unless you're getting there REALLY early (as in, right when it opens), you're better off getting a fastpass, doing something else that has less of a line, then going back to the ride. I'm specifically thinking of MGM Studios here because EPCOT is more of a cultural center than a theme park--Tower of Terror and that Rockin' Roller Coaster at MGM are always packed.

Of course, I've never been in December so I don't know about the crowd situation this time of year, but I can't imagine it would be very different.

Oh, and if you do go to EPCOT, stay away from the spaceship ride (not the big ball, the one best Test Track), unless you a) have taken about sixteen pills of dramamine or B) wish to develop a crippling case of claustrophobia.

Which hotel you staying at?

they have another "slowed down" version of mission space at epcot....which is less of a PITA.....although....i say dont be a pussy.....the ride is insane...you know its bad when they have puke bags accomidating everyones seat lol

inovations is cool at EPCOT......you can ride a segway.....play some new games...and get involved in some cool poo...

the great movie ride is cool at disney hollywood studios....also if your a disney history guy that likes the behind the scenes stuff....go to walts dream or something like that....you see a documentary of walt disneys life, see cool stuff, then you can sit in with a disney animator and learn how to draw some of the characters.

go on space mountain at magic kingdom....they refurbished it....so i would check it out

Man I'd love to do Space Mountain, I wonder, do they have lower priced tickets for night visitors? We get in at 4PM Friday afternoon so maybe a Friday night visit to the MK?

if you will be there long enough, id look into upgrading your passes to "park hopper" option....you can go and leave from all 4 parks as you please....if your a fast mover....you can really get alot of use out've it

Archived