• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer setting low expectations.

Tbe

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Oh I hope you're right. My thing is this franchise has accepted losing. Every year it's the same thing. Fans are fed up with the losing culture.

I think Bryce will be elite sooner than later. I just hope they find a way to get him some on offense. Maybe that happens in FA next year who knows.

WR’s in FA and OL in the 2nd. We have to draft OL. You can’t get quality in FA anymore.

Actually he said that if things work out as he hopes, the goal of the team is to win the division and he felt that was obtainable.  Well if we win the division we get a home playoff game.  So he didn't exactly pump the brakes either. He said we might start off slow but would finish very strong.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I listened I just refuse to accept a losing culture. I was buying into what Frank was preaching about contending right away. I thought with Rhule gone we would finally see change.

Kid you are getting angry over 2 completely different things.  Whether you "refuse to accept a losing culture" has no bearing on the path of this season.  New coach, new scheme, new rookie qb.  One has to be either super young (as I suspect you are) or totally irrational (or could be this one) to think just because we "won" 7 games last season over dog poo teams and almost back doored us into the playoffs that we should be some juggernaut this year.   These things take time, we explained it do you and you refused to listen now the fuging GM of the team is saying the exact same thing and you are refusing to listen.  Thats on you.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, d-dave said:

I think we're going to play our best ball in the 2nd half of the year.  The first few weeks - everyone is going to be figuring out how to play together and we're going to have a lot of close misses on things.  It just takes time.

We could luck into a bad division and be playing for the playoffs at the end of the season again.  I think that's completely possible, and I wouldn't be opposed to that one bit!

I think the first two games we could steal some wins but after that its not going to be until after the bye week or a couple more weeks after until this team starts clicking, and it'll be a boatrace all the way to January in the division.

Easy schedule is easy schedule at the end of the day. we're starting 2-4 but after the BYE its Houston, Bears, Colts, Titans.. like come on..

Edited by thunderraiden

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Kid you are getting angry over 2 completely different things.  Whether you "refuse to accept a losing culture" has no bearing on the path of this season.  New coach, new scheme, new rookie qb.  One has to be either super young (as I suspect you are) or totally irrational (or could be this one) to think just because we "won" 7 games last season over dog poo teams and almost back doored us into the playoffs that we should be some juggernaut this year.   These things take time, we explained it do you and you refused to listen now the fuging GM of the team is saying the exact same thing and you are refusing to listen.  Thats on you.

First I'm not your kid. Second who is "we". That's the problem with this board everyone wants to fit in with one another. Speak for yourself stop relying on others opinion. I don't care what "we" thinks.

If you accept losing good for you. I don't. It's really that simple.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

sure they are obtainable, but its not realistic, that was more of a generic type coach speak and I suspect you know this.  Of course he is going to say the goal is to win, why wouldnt he say that?

So if the goal is to win. Why can't I think making the playoffs are realistic!

My goodness man how hard is that to accept. It's not a crime to think playoffs are realistic in this weak division.

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

sure they are obtainable, but its not realistic, that was more of a generic type coach speak and I suspect you know this.  Of course he is going to say the goal is to win, why wouldnt he say that?

I think if our schedule was hard it wouldn't be realistic, but it is honestly just so soft after the bye, like I was just saying, we have Houston, Indy, Chicago, Tennessee, Tampa. we could easily be .500 by just beating garbage teams and stealing one win when we enter December. And from there we have our run game, defense, and talented rookie with another college football season of time under his belt.

I'm more optimistic about the schedule than the offensive roster at the end of the day. No way does our run game get worst after what they did last year.

Edited by thunderraiden