• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

USA-Finland

JakeFlake

Just looked at the line, the over under is 4.5 total combined points for this game... Never heard of anyone winning a bet 10 minutes into a game until now.

LOL... some people are really happy now. I wish I could win a bet that quickly. It's funny because at the beginning of the game the announcers said we should expect a low scoring tightly contested game.

For those who follow the NHL, are our players playing way above their heads or did the analysis not really know what they were talking about? I know the team is young, but wow!

The analysis was on paper. It's really hard to predict how a team will play together for the first time. Sometimes certain lines and players are just able to click when they work together (USA) and sometimes superstars just aren't able to coexist with the players put around them as well (Russia). It just all has to do with the entire team buying into whatever system they want to run, and realizing it's more about their country than themselves.

The analysis was on paper. It's really hard to predict how a team will play together for the first time. Sometimes certain lines and players are just able to click when they work together (USA) and sometimes superstars just aren't able to coexist with the players put around them as well (Russia). It just all has to do with the entire team buying into whatever system they want to run, and realizing it's more about their country than themselves.

Exactly, it was more about playing together with (I think) 20 olympic newbs than lack of talent. Obviously the biggest names in hockey are elsewhere, but I was never down on their chances.

Thanks... makes sense. Like any sport I'm sure it's not easy to have the top players be a cohesive unit with the little practice they have together before the games start.

With that being the case, I'm not sure why the analyst would make us out to be such a long shot... seems like they would understand what you just said.

Thanks... makes sense. Like any sport I'm sure it's not easy to have the top players be a cohesive unit with the little practice they have together before the games start.

With that being the case, I'm not sure why the analyst would make us out to be such a long shot... seems like they would understand what you just said.

You would think they would understand that. They really just looked at the surface of the teams and their eyes got all big. "Ooooh Shiny!" So naturally they gave them medals before the games were played. I'm glad we have proven them wrong thus far.

when we play canada and we win they will all commit a mass suicide, it would be that bad!!!

if you would beat us at gold - it would get very ugly up here...

im not planning on that though. tonights game for us will be a battle but i think we have it together now... so long as we dont run into any hot goalies...

im not planning on that though. tonights game for us will be a battle but i think we have it together now... so long as we dont run into any hot goalies...

Non hotter than Miller the last few games. But no matter what has happened in ANY game played thus far, if USA and Canada play for Gold it will be a completely different game. Throw everything out the window.

my wife is canadian and I know what it would do to your country if we beat you. It would be really really bad.

Archived