• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Playoffs Rd 1: Orlando Magic vs. Charlotte Bobcats

King Taharqa

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Orlando Magic
    • Charlotte Bobcats

Watch out world, UnderCats (Underdogs/ Thundercats, no?) go into Orlando take the first game, dominate the second. Then take the next two at home. Then we're going to dominate ATL in 6,beat Cleveland in 7, and meet the Lakers in the finals. It's going to be like the Panthers '04 playoff run. Cats/ Lakers championship game but this time CLT owns LA like they have for the past 5 years and CLT brings home it's first Championship. A dreamer can dream!! LET'S GO CATS!!! :D

I am not too sure about having a better bench than the Magic. I think Magic are one of, if not the, the deepest team. Redick shooting 40% from 3 is ridiculous. Then you got Gortat coming off the bench and he offers great defense around the rim. And you got Bass, who was underutilized, is a nice player as well.

EDIT:

Also, Wallace said of Howard, when asked about the match-up with Howard and Orlando:

"We've got to get them off that 3-point line and at the other end we've got to force him to play outside the paint,'' Wallace said of Howard. "And we've got to attack him. Everybody knows he's a shot-blocker, but we can't just let him intimidate us out of driving the lane.''

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/04/13/1373326/bobcats-clinch-7th-spot-in-playoffs.html#ixzz0l1y4h7i3

Like I said in another thread, Howard will play a huge factor on both sides of the ball. Like Crash said, we can't be scared of D12 and forced to take outside shots. That really isn't our strong suit.

I am not too sure about having a better bench than the Magic. I think Magic are one of, if not the, the deepest team. Redick shooting 40% from 3 is ridiculous. Then you got Gortat coming off the bench and he offers great defense around the rim. And you got Bass, who was underutilized, is a nice player as well.

Stat wise our bench is head and shoulders better

Charlotte Bobcats Bench Production

Tyson Chandler

6.6 Pts.

6.4 Rbs.

1.1 Blks.

Nazr Mohammed

7.9 Pts.

5.2 Rbs.

DeSagana Diop

1.2 Pts.

2.4 Rbs.

Alexis Ajinca

1.7 Pts.

Tyrus Thomas

9.3 Pts.

6.2 Rbs.

1.6 Blks.

1.0 Ast.

1.15 Stl.

Derrick Brown

3.3 Pts.

1.4 Rbs.

Stephen Graham

4.3 Pts.

2.0 Rbs.

Larry Hughes

9.2 Pts.

3.2 Rbs

3.0 Ast.

1.11 Stl.

Gerald Hendrson

2.6 Pts.

1.3 Rbs.

D.J. Augustin

6.4 Pts.

2.4 Ast.

1.2 Rbs.

Stat Wise

Diop, Mohammed, and Chandler are more productive than Gortat and Foyle.

Thomas and Brown are more productive than Bass and Anderson

Barnes is more productive than Graham

Hughes and Redick even each other out.

Augustin is more productive than Johnson and Williams

Henderson and Ajinca are added depth

Stat wise our bench is head and shoulders better

Stat Wise

Diop, Mohammed, and Chandler are more productive than Gortat and Foyle.

Thomas and Brown are more productive than Bass and Anderson

Barnes is more productive than Graham

Hughes and Redick even each other out.

Augustin is more productive than Johnson and Williams

Henderson and Ajinca are added depth

I mean you can't do it position-by-position. Just look at the bench as a whole. Orlando's bench averages 32.1 points per game and Charlotte averages 26.7. It is hard to compare benches because you don't play benches all at once, they are mixed with the starters. But just my personal opinion is that Magic from top to bottom is better.

I mean you can't do it position-by-position. Just look at the bench as a whole. Orlando's bench averages 32.1 points per game and Charlotte averages 26.7. It is hard to compare benches because you don't play benches all at once, they are mixed with the starters. But just my personal opinion is that Magic from top to bottom is better.

I can see where your coming from

This is the matchup I didnt want for the Cats. Oh well, gotta go out there and deal with the cards your dealt with. The Cats can do this! Lets go Bobcats! Bobcats in 6!

Playoff basketball back in the great state of NC. Man, what an exciting time!

Our defense have to step up big time in the franchise first Playoff games. The key to eliminating the Magic is do what they did before when they beat them the last time they play against each other: contain Howard. If they can prevent Howard & Carter too from shooting much points, they got a chance to beat them & move forward. Good luck, 'Cats!! :)

Awesome.

I dont get to attend many Magic games (about 4 or 5 each year) and i love when they come to Charlotte.

This series will be over in 4 though. I mean lets face it. We are the defending Eastern Conference Champions and the only team in the East that poses any kind of threat is Cleveland, not lowly Charlotte.

Hope you guys cheer loudly for those 4 games though, it's cool to see Charlotte in the playoffs.

jesushatesyouz.jpg

Archived