• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

-Official NBA Draft/Lottery Thread -

HeatCheck

nba-draft-lottery.jpg

2010 NBA Draft Lottery

Time: 8:00 pm

Date: Tuesday, May 18th, 2010

Where: Secaucus, NJ

TV: ESPN

The lottery determines the first three picks in the NBA Draft. The remaining slots are filled in based off regular season records.

New Jersey Nets 12-70

Minnesota Timberwolves 15-67

Sacramento Kings 25-57

Golden State Warriors 26-56

Washington Wizards 26-56

Detroit Pistons 27-55

Philadelphia 76ers 27-55

Los Angeles Clippers 29-53

New York Knicks 29-53 *

Indiana Pacers 32-50

New Orleans Hornets 37-45

Toronto Raptors 40-42

Memphis Grizzlies 40-42

Houston Rockets 42-40

(NJ has the best chance of landing the top overall pick and Houston has the worst chance among those in the lottery)

* Pick will be going to Jazz

nba-draft.jpg

2010 NBA Draft

Time: 7:00 pm

Date: Thursday, June 24, 2010

Where: Madison Square Garden, NY

TV: ESPN

*Use this thread to talk about NBA prospects and specifically those who would be a good fit for our, Charlotte Bobcats. Now, I know we don't have any picks, as of now, and I don't expect for us to move back in the draft, but this is still an interesting topic to discuss.

Watch out for the NETS. I am telling you they take Wall and pick up Lebron they are gonna turn it around quick.

Throw in a core of decent young players including Brook Lopez, Devin Harris, and Terrance Williams, and you might be looking like a very smart man. Then again what team wouldn't experience a turn-around if Lebron joined them.

The t-wolves are in a great position to trade one of their big men (Jefferson or Love) and get Demarcus Cousins to play center for them. I like the Timberwolves in the upcoming years if their front office could get their head on straight.

I would love for Utah to get #1 because it creates the most drama considering the best PG in the land is already on their roster. Then we can see what kind of compensation they get offered for that pick and we can watch several teams duke it out for John Wall.

The t-wolves are in a great position to trade one of their big men (Jefferson or Love) and get Demarcus Cousins to play center for them. I like the Timberwolves in the upcoming years if their front office could get their head on straight.

I don't know if I'd do that if I were Minnesota. I personally wouldn't want Cousins on my team. I think he's a good player but hate his mentality. He whines and sometimes doesn't give it his all. He's also stubborn. I am a UF fan so I see a lot of Kentucky.

If Utah got the #1 pick I think they would take Evan Turner

I am sure that's who I'd pick too if I were Utah, but they should at least attempt to see the offers they can get.

If Utah got the #1 pick I think they would take Evan Turner

Personally I think that Turner is going to be a better pro than Wall. But you cannot pass up the opportunity of having the best PG in the league as your starter and a guy who has the potential to be the best as your back-up.

The Jazz are in dire need of a back-up PG, I don't think Price is the answer though he is a pretty solid player.

I hope the Jazz stay where they are, so they could possibly grab Hayward, so then I can be a Jazz fan. :D

There is no way in hell that the Nets don't win this, the Lottery is rigged and the Nets are not going to be anywhere near as bad as they were, perfect situation. Oh and not to mention the fact of Wall attracting LBJ.

I would love for Utah to get #1 because it creates the most drama considering the best PG in the land is already on their roster. Then we can see what kind of compensation they get offered for that pick and we can watch several teams duke it out for John Wall.

... and the Knicks would be wondering "what if". If NY still owned that, I think their fanbase would've went nuts with the LeBron-Wall dreams.

Personally I think that Turner is going to be a better pro than Wall. But you cannot pass up the opportunity of having the best PG in the league as your starter and a guy who has the potential to be the best as your back-up.

The Jazz are in dire need of a back-up PG, I don't think Price is the answer though he is a pretty solid player.

I hope the Jazz stay where they are, so they could possibly grab Hayward, so then I can be a Jazz fan. :D

There is no way in hell that the Nets don't win this, the Lottery is rigged and the Nets are not going to be anywhere near as bad as they were, perfect situation. Oh and not to mention the fact of Wall attracting LBJ.

If the lottery was rigged the knicks would have had more #1 picks by now.

You can trade for a back-up PG, or draft one later in the draft. John wall is not going to be a back-up, and you don't spend a top pick on a backup player.

Throw in a core of decent young players including Brook Lopez, Devin Harris, and Terrance Williams, and you might be looking like a very smart man. Then again what team wouldn't experience a turn-around if Lebron joined them.

The FO is exactly the reason i can not get behind the T-Wolves. Their GM seems to just enjoy wheeling and dealing and outsmarting everyone. Fact is the only person he outsmarted was himself. They passed on CURRY. I mean if they wanted two PG's i would have rather had Jennings and Curry. Not only that they traded Ty Lawson to the Nuggets. Last years draft by them boggled my mind. But if they take Evan Turner the Wolves will be much improved on the wing. Last year was the year of the Point Guard i think this coming year is the year of the BIG MEN. Centers and Power Forwards out the wazzoo.

Reminder: Draft Lottery tonight on ESPN at 8 pm. I look at this draft class and besides the 2 at the top, none are can't-miss prospects.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/john_schuhmann/05/18/lottery.setup/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

I'm hoping for the Nets to get the #1 overall pick. They can make a turn around with the #1 overall pick, their young core, and money to spend in the off-season.

Sucks that the 'Cats don't have any picks this year. Might not be too many "can't-miss" players, but adding some more young talent never hurts. Then again, we did pick DJ Agustin over Brook Lopez.....

Archived