• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Tillman Story

Jbro

A hero for sure and what happened to him was a shame, but if you cut through all the sensationalism his story is no different from the thousands of others who risk there lives & make sacrifices to defend this country.

It is different in one way at least. He gave up relative fame and fortune to do it. That makes it an unusual decision on his part.

I always thought a good litmus test for where you lie on the conservative/liberal axis is this....who is a bigger hero to you...Pat Tillman or Rosa Parks? I'd bet you'd get emotional reactions on both sides.

how's this for an emotional reaction...?

what the f*ck kind of question is that?

It is different in one way at least. He gave up relative fame and fortune to do it. That makes it an unusual decision on his part.

Unusual decision yes, but that gives this story what "Entertainment Value" IMO thats the angle that is being used to sensationalize this story.

It wouldn't be the first time the military has lied to families of fallen soliders.

I don't know what this movie hopes to accomplish.

Tillman died a hero period.

I always thought a good litmus test for where you lie on the conservative/liberal axis is this....who is a bigger hero to you...Pat Tillman or Rosa Parks? I'd bet you'd get emotional reactions on both sides.

I think they were both amazing people who did the right thing when it wasn't easy to do so. Tell me, where on your axis does that put me?

I think they were both amazing people who did the right thing when it wasn't easy to do so. Tell me, where on your axis does that put me?

In the center, where people are sane. Far righties would tell you Tillman by a mile. Far lefties would say Parks and it isn't close.

Archived