• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Tillman Story

Jbro

Where Men Win Glory is in my "to read" pile.

I am halfway through it and would be reading it right now if the "give fox a contract" thread hadn't got me so fired up.

Jon Krakauer is a favorite, for those who don't know he wrote 'Into the Wild', 'Into Thin Air' and 'Under the Banner of Heaven'.

Tillman was unique, but so is this story. I pride myself on fending off ignorance, but it is amazing how much I am learning about Afghanistan and recent world history reading this page turner. He will spend a chapter writing about Tillman and then tie it in with a chapter about the progression and/or end of the Russian Invasion of Afghanistan then another chapter about the Rose Bowl followed by a story relating the birth of the Taliban.

Amazing stuff. Go buy this book. But get the paperback as it has the most recent re-write.

http://knopfdoubleday.com/krakauer/

In the Dan Patrick interview she never bashes the entire military, government etc. She pretty much says it is just a few bad apples just like anything else.

Which I agree with. I was actually surprised a bit. I thought that a grieving mother would harbor more bitterness. And I would certainly understand if she did.

Archived