• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Appreciation For Jake Delhomme

Vertical Asymtope

moron, you JUST joined, right after we get our biggest win of the season and all you can do is piss and moan and make ignorant, asinine statements that are getting you laughed off the board.

go pop a cold one and enjoy the win.

Please point out where I complained. Please point out anything I said that wasn't true. I have facts to back up my point that Jake is very average this year. You have your opinion and what you perceive as him "leading" the team to wins.

They also loved Deshaun Foster for how many years? Or how about loving Carr as our backup?

Pretty ridiculous to love a QB who is average by every measure available. Oh right, he's got "leadership". The QB of a team, especially established veterans are generally leaders on their teams. It's not unique to Jake.

Who's "they" the team or the fans? Sure fans have faves, but I care about the players' and coaches' opinions and the players and coaches believe in him. I.E. Before this game Pep told ESPN that Jake is THE engine of this team.

Also, I don't agree that most QBs are leaders except in name only. At least GOOD or GREAT ones. Great leadership is very, very rare.

when jake doesnt have mistakes he is above average imo. sometimes well above. but damn the mistakes seam to come all at once or alot in 1 game. i am not on the matt moore = savior bandwagon. maybe yes, but i would love to see us bring in another young guy to push him. he could be baz, or better, too little time to tell (that includes last year in such limited action).

Please point out where I complained. Please point out anything I said that wasn't true. I have facts to back up my point that Jake is very average this year. You have your opinion and what you perceive as him "leading" the team to wins.

you dismissed leadership qualities as 'blah blah blah' which automatically redirects your opinon to the dumbass bin. that's a fact for you.

I see you just ignore my questions and what facts do you have? Your main argument is that if Jake played better in the first three quarters he wouldnt need comeback wins. I am not even sure what that means.

Brilliant.

I never realized how bad guys like John Elway, Brett Favre, Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw and Tom Brady really sucked until I read that post.

So what if they led a bunch of fourth quarter comebacks? If they would have played better the other three quarters they wouldn't have needed those comebacks.

I feel much more enlightened now :)

Jake isn't in the same league as those guys and you know it. Comebacks are only a part of those guys claims to greatness. It's all Jake has that's supposed to make him better than average.

Jake isn't in the same league as those guys and you know it. Comebacks are only a part of those guys claims to greatness. It's all Jake has that's supposed to make him better than average.

Didn't say he was. Just brought those names up to how how ludicrous your argument was. You pretty much destroyed any credibility you could conceivably have had when it comes to football knowledge.

jake is the man.

he aint pretty but there isn't anyone i would rather right now have as a part of our team.

drew brees is the ideal QB in many eyes but he can't get his team(s) to rise up like jake can.

give me jake over brees any day.

if you have seen him in person up close the way that he is with the team and the way they ALL look to him both on offense and defense.....whether at a game, practice, training camp.....you would know why. he pushes those guys. he pushes smith. he pushes everyone and they look for it.

much of what makes smith as good as he is has to do with the impact that his QB has.

I see you just ignore my questions and what facts do you have? Your main argument is that if Jake played better in the first three quarters he wouldnt need comeback wins. I am not even sure what that means.

Here are my facts

Jake Delhomme

17th in passing yards

25th in completion %

16th in touchdowns

tied for 9th most interceptions

21st QB rating

Didn't say he was. Just brought those names up to how how ludicrous your argument was. You pretty much destroyed any credibility you could conceivably have had when it comes to football knowledge.

Why? Because I think comebacks are grossly overrated when judging a QB? Just like wins, comebacks have to be team efforts. Doesn't do any good to comeback if your defense just allows your opponent to pull a comeback on you. I also hate judging QBs on wins and especially Super Bowl wins. QBs get far too much credit and blame most of the time for wins and losses in my opinion.

Archived