• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

18 Game Season "A Done Deal"

Jbro

Awesome! College Football needs to expand now! It'll end like 3 months before the NFL ends now. SMH
I honestly don't see a reason for them trying to more pressure on these colleage kids to play more games. I mean these guys go to classes all week and study and alot fo them work during the week to make extra money to make it on a weekly bases. I think NCAA adding games is a little to much of they was to do that. If they are going to do that then the NCAA really needs to think about paying these guys extra money for playing these games to help them out during the year.

Injuries will increase because of this. Greedy ass owners.

And because of that it gets worse: RULES will increase to prevent the new injuries, further limiting the sport.

I for one thought 16 games was perfect. Season is long enough as it is.

The upside for back-ups though is that if it does happen, their position and themselves as players go up in stock big time. Personally I'm against this.

Guest DrewBreesIsGod

more interleague matchups, or for that matter maybe geographical rivalries outside of the division; Cowboys/Texans maybe, Dolphins/Bucs, Jets/Giants...would make sense to play on a yearly basis to get rivalries going.

I can see it going one of two ways:

We'll have 2 extra standings-based games from outside our conference. Since we already play an entire inter-conference division each year, we would play 2 of the 3 remaining divisions by rotation. Hope that makes sense

OR

Get rid of the standings-based games altogether and play 2 entire intra-conference divisions each year by rotation.

Someone on here says we'll see more scrubs playing if we go to 18 games. I call BS. Assuming that preseason games and the last 2 weeks of the season are "scrub games" (I personally don't agree with) then:

-A 16 game schedule (4 preseason+2 regular season games) only gives you 14 quality games

-A 18 game schedule (2 preseason+2 regular season) gives you 16 quality games to watch at the very least.

I like the 2 extra regular season games but i think this will skew alot of the records having extra games to play

Who f**king cares if records are broken? Lamest excuse I have ever heard.

The injury concern is legit.

The prep time needed to evaluate young players is legit.

Caring about whether records are broken is fuging retarded.

On the whole "injury" angle: I wonder how many of you who are "concerned" for the players' well being with more games, are some of the same ones who piss on refs when they don't "let them play" and call it the No Fun League.

And as for evaluation time, teams will simply have to learn a NEW way of life. Simple as that. A few years down the road they'll have it down to a science.

Don't be scared of change.

And yes, worrying about records is silly. Baseball expande games. You rarely hear about Ruth getting his record in less games than Maris.

Archived